Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1010 (Boy Short Bodysuit)

Reviewed by:juliette2

About juliette2star
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/18/03
Posted on:7/23/08 8:53 AM

Karen8320 said... (7/24/08 9:14 PM) Reply
Juliette, you've done a great job here and have a fabulous garment to show for all of your work. I'm very impressed by your perseverance in tackling two muslins to get the fit right and sorting out the crotch piece attachment. Way to go! Well done!
GorgeousFabrics said... (7/23/08 1:05 PM) Reply
I ended up taking an inch of length off the torso. They do warn you that the torso is likely to be too long, so I took that to heart. I think I could take another half inch off without ill effects. I also started out with a smaller size than usual after doing a flat pattern measurement, and I think I could go down one more size, to an 8, without too much trouble.
VtMartha said... (7/23/08 12:39 PM) Reply
whoops - not sure why this posted again but since you've replied, I'll add something. I made a HP Sunshine Top and had to make a much smaller size for the neckband than my usual size. I would size the neck/shoulders and go from there.
Annette1 said... (7/23/08 12:15 PM) Reply
Wow, what a great review! This looks VERY nice on you. I was also interested to hear that it runs quite long, because so do I! As for it snapping in the BACK, taht's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! :o))) I did have fun imagining the yoga contortions, though. You had a great idea there, adding those shoulder darts to snug up the neck. I even like it without the darts too, though! Even that looks like it's "supposed" to be that way. :o)
juliette2 said... (7/23/08 10:44 AM) Reply
VtMartha, that's an interesting thought. I used my high bust measurement to choose the size and did not do an FBA (I'm a C cup). But it was definitely too wide in the shoulders. Perhaps I should have started with one size smaller than my high bust and then done an FBA. Or maybe an FBA still wouldn't be necessary - there's plenty of stretch in the fabric.
michellep74 said... (7/23/08 10:42 AM) Reply
It may have taken a lot of fitting work, but the final result looks great on you!
VtMartha said... (7/23/08 10:04 AM) Reply
This is very pretty! I'm wondering if you might find it easier to fit starting with a smaller size.
yorkshire lass said... (7/23/08 9:21 AM) Reply
Very smart. Looks very nice on and the contrast bands are a nice touch.

by: Sharon1952