Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2005 (Choice of T-shirts)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

Last Updated:8/3/08 11:42 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

Vesta Patterns

crazygrad said... (8/5/08 10:47 AM) Reply
Love the top! So fun and cool. ANd your comparison is EXCELLENT (tent fingers here)! Thanks!
shesflipped said... (8/4/08 8:11 PM) Reply
Oh my Gosh~I LOVE these tops on you! Both are great, but, I'm partial to the red. What a great fabric and the color is STUNNING on you! I also loved your review~can't wait to do a little switch up with my Jalie Patterns! Great inspiration!
reformfabric said... (8/4/08 6:20 AM) Reply
A great t-shirt that looks fabulous on you!
nglalala said... (8/3/08 9:47 PM) Reply
looks great!
Annette1 said... (8/3/08 6:49 PM) Reply
Oh, my gosh, you look SO PRETTY in this fabulous RED! The shirt fits you PERFECTLY, and I too love that neckline. That does it, I'm getting the pattern.
Mahler said... (8/3/08 3:31 PM) Reply
This pattern is a hit on you !! I love the boat neck too. Super with jeans. Bravo !
trishapatk said... (8/3/08 12:37 PM) Reply
Adorable! Looks very nice on you ... and speaking of adorable ... I just saw the picture of your girls on your blog!!! Oh my goodness!! Cuteness personfied with those little head wraps. Keep up the great work!
frankenpattern said... (8/3/08 12:27 PM) Reply
What a great fitting shirt - you always do such nice work. Thank you for the review. (By the way, you need to fix the link for "Red version" - the end of the link should not end with "http://" - take that out and the link should work.)
okie2thdoc said... (8/3/08 11:02 AM) Reply
I've really been wanting to try a Jalie pattern and you've convinced me. Now I can't wait until it arrives. I too get that wrinkling and wasn't experienced enough to know how to take it out. Thanks for a great review!
carolynw said... (8/3/08 9:23 AM) Reply
Looked at the photo and immediately thought of Ann's "Wowzers Campers" fits this to a tee - LOL - love it - love it and your usual fantastic work
frankenpattern said... (8/3/08 1:06 AM) Reply
sewtime said... (8/3/08 0:51 AM) Reply
Love this tee and the color and pattern is really nice. Good job!
CrescentaLuna said... (8/3/08 0:35 AM) Reply
*So* helpful - thanks for a great review.
Lori V said... (8/2/08 9:09 PM) Reply
Cute - I really like the sleeves.
Kristine Kay said... (8/2/08 8:59 PM) Reply
Cute, cute! I'm debating bell sleeves for the SWAP, and you look like you like yours!
Mary Stiefer said... (8/2/08 7:42 PM) Reply
Love this fabric. It's nice to have a TNT pattern that you have modified for your likes. Great job.
CurlyCrafter said... (8/2/08 7:19 PM) Reply
All the tops you've made lately are wonderful. I love the flared sleeves and this print. Very cute!
fuzzygalore said... (7/29/08 4:07 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the comparison! This looks a lot more like my personal block, actually, how interesting. And you're quite right, we can get wrinkles like rtw, but the point is not to do that..
Dei said... (7/29/08 12:48 PM) Reply
Cute top and it fits perfectly.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/29/08 12:07 PM) Reply
I was on the fence about purchasing Jalie 2804 - you helped me make up my mind! ha ha. Thanks for showing the armsyce - it will definitely help the fit for me. Yipee!
Elke said... (7/29/08 6:46 AM) Reply
The boatneck T-shirt looks terrific on you. Thanks for the tip on the armscye. I will give this one a try.
nancy2001 said... (7/29/08 6:16 AM) Reply
Great looking tee shirt on you. Thanks for the armsyce comparison. I never liked the old Jalie armsyces, but the new higher cut, more scooped out one is much better.
Athene said... (7/28/08 10:14 PM) Reply
A great t-shirt and great review. Thank you for showing the picture comparisions for the armhole differences between the two patterns.
DorothyK said... (7/28/08 9:41 PM) Reply
A great t-shirt. The comparison you made was excellent. Thanks for showing it so graphically. I'm not sure I understand what effect the new armhole would have. Would it be larger? smaller? more comfortable? Less? Would it be a better or worse fit for someone with relatively fat arms? I've never tried Jalie, but from the various reviews I have read, they really seem to have the best tops. I think I just may have to try one. Thanks for the review.
CurlyCrafter said... (7/28/08 9:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comparison. I was thinking of purchasing this one and now I'm sold on it!
Leslie in NZ said... (7/28/08 8:40 PM) Reply
Lovely T-shirt. Thank you for the pattern comparison. It is very interesting to see the different armscye. I have had problems in this area and you have certainly given me food for thought. Thanks again!
Gelbean said... (7/28/08 7:53 PM) Reply
That is a great tee. Love the boatneck and the fabric.

Sewing Workshop Daily News Bag Pattern