Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2977 (Threads Magazine collection)

Reviewed by:Mahogany Stylist

About Mahogany Styliststarstarstarstar
IL USA
Member since: 6/26/07
Posted on:7/29/08 5:18 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
Kelly D. said... (5/14/09 8:59 AM) Reply
Thanks for a really thorough review. You did a wonderful job with this pattern and the jacket looks smashing on you!
cactusflower said... (4/11/09 4:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful job! Thanks for your comments. I have this (#2977) pattern as well as the dress pattern (#2938) and plan to make them all. Now I know what to expect! Thanks again.
Rebecka said... (12/24/08 7:03 PM) Reply
This is a cute jacket. Great comments.
Gold said... (7/30/08 11:59 PM) Reply
Very very nice!I love the fabric!
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/30/08 6:18 PM) Reply
Thanks! Beek - Vogue Fabrics is one of my favorite stores. I shop there at least once a month. It's only 10 minutes away from the office.
Nancy K said... (7/30/08 5:42 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket. It looks great on you.
Beek said... (7/30/08 5:38 PM) Reply
Cennetta, this is an adorable jacket. It is so contemporary. Nice work. (I used to live in Chicago and I can remember those wonderful shopping sprees at Vogue Fabrics! :0) )
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/30/08 2:17 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your wonderful compliments. Born2bead - I followed a method described in "Vogue Sewing". There is a online tutorial (Threads Mag) that also described the process of underlining http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00010.asp? I hope this is helpful.
lilhoney57 said... (7/30/08 11:57 AM) Reply
Excellent review. Thanks!
mochalover said... (7/30/08 11:17 AM) Reply
I agree cute, cute. I have this same pattern, which I bought for the top but now that you've made the jacket . . . the jacket is a definite possibility. Agains, nice job.
born2bead said... (7/30/08 10:34 AM) Reply
I've been debating about making this jacket but now that I see yours I think it looks much better than the pattern photo. I also wasn't crazy about the fact that it was unlined so I like your idea of underlining. Underlining is something I've never tried before. Are you actually fusing it to the fabric or just layering it with the outside fabric and sewing as one piece? Very nice.
Stitchcakes said... (7/30/08 9:06 AM) Reply
Love this jacket! It looks great!
Kitty Couture said... (7/30/08 6:18 AM) Reply
Super cute jacket, Cennetta!
Dei said... (7/29/08 9:16 PM) Reply
Another hit! Looks beautiful on you.
Sew4Fun said... (7/29/08 7:40 PM) Reply
Cute jacket and I like your underlining fabric. Great match!
HLT said... (7/29/08 5:46 PM) Reply
Very cute outfit. I have go to get this pattern!!! Love the colors of the dress too

StyleArc Stacie Jean Jacket