Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7236 (Womens Pant, Short, and Top)

Reviewed by:Cattgirl

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Plus

Sweater knit fabrics

SouthernStitch said... (7/30/03 4:55 PM) Reply
Catgirl, these pants look really good on you. Good review, and glad to see more size 18 women putting out reviews and pics.
Mini said... (7/30/03 4:30 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for reviewing the Simplicity jacket and this pattern. We are the same height and figure, so it is very helpful to see your photos. I have have tried tops like this that don't work because they don't have bust darts. This looks like a better choice. Anne, this is a large size pattern, but the model is tall and thin. That is why the pants look cropped in the pattern illustration:).
AnneM said... (7/30/03 1:20 PM) Reply
P.S. I don't consider you at all short. Of course, I'm 5'3" & my DM is 5'2".
AnneM said... (7/30/03 1:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for the response & advice. I was thinking of doing a knit pant as my first try; perhaps I will reconsider that. :o You have great fabrics; I like this one as well as the others in your recent pictures.
Cattgirl said... (7/30/03 12:44 PM) Reply
Thanks, Anne. The pants are full length on me and the pattern describes them as full length. I'm on the short side, though (I'm 5' 4"), so you may want to consider lengthening if you're taller. This pattern was pretty easy as far as pants go - very straightforward and easy to follow. Give it a shot, take your time, use a good, stable fabric (the first pair of pants I tried were with a stretch jersey and let's just say as little about that as possible - it was that bad), and I'm sure you'll have a great pair of pants when you're done.
AnneM said... (7/30/03 7:34 AM) Reply
Congrats on another success. I have yet to try making pants. I've considered this pattern for my DM. The pants look a touch short in the drawing; is that just because they have the model wearing heels? Or are they designed that way?

MariaDenmark 101