Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4396 (Fast & Easy Top)

Reviewed by:Karen8320

About Karen8320star
Member since: 3/14/04
Posted on:8/7/08 8:55 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
DorothyK said... (8/10/08 12:46 PM) Reply
Great top. Looks fantastic on you. I think changing the length was a good call. As for the dot sizes... they give this top pizzazz.
Peggy L said... (8/8/08 10:27 AM) Reply
This looks great on you. I like the longer length.
xtreme1 said... (8/8/08 2:58 AM) Reply
You have brought an elegance to the original pattern with how you lengthened it. It has a lovely drapey look to it. I'm going to investigate this pattern.
xtreme1 said... (8/8/08 2:54 AM) Reply
Heatherrique said... (8/7/08 8:51 PM) Reply
Ooh la la, Karen! You took a "fast and easy" top and made it "fabulous and exciting"! Very flattering and hey, I really like the dot placement, giving your top that cutting edge! Your beautiful smile and spirit cheers me up always! ~Louella
marec said... (8/7/08 1:33 PM) Reply
How cute are you?! I really like this top, and the fact that the dotd are different sizes is what made me read the review. I love the size difference. Wouldn't that be cute as a "go out to dinner on the patio wrap"?
lilyofthevalley said... (8/7/08 1:28 PM) Reply
Karen, like every other garment in your sewn wardrobe, this top is smashing on you. It has the classic bones with just the right 'finger snap' of insouciance that defines your fashion sense and body flattering wardrobe. My eye was immediately drawn to the differently sized dots and in a good, boutique way. Lovely, Lily
sewtime said... (8/7/08 11:26 AM) Reply
Cute and love the material.
geeklite said... (8/7/08 10:35 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review - your pretty blouse made me take another look at a pattern I had barely glanced at before.
frame said... (8/7/08 10:18 AM) Reply
I made this and also didn't like how short it was. I like your longer version very much. Great review, thanks.
carolynw said... (8/7/08 9:20 AM) Reply
Love your top - I think the dots look perfect the way they are - very "designer". Must get this pattern - thanks for the great review
appleton78 said... (8/7/08 9:06 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks great! I don't think you should worry about the size of the dots. I think it looks all the more wonderful with one side's pattern larger than the other. It totally looks intentional....you should have told us "I tried to do that!....How do you like it?" Anyway...looks lovely on you!

More Knits