Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Contest> Mini Wardrobe - Aug 2008 (Buoyant Blue)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:8/26/08 4:05 AM
Last Updated:9/1/08 11:55 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 25 people

jjc said... (9/21/08 11:01 AM) Reply
all of the pieces are beautiful! great job!
KaySews said... (9/7/08 5:49 PM) Reply
I loved your story! You did beautiful work and everything fits you perfectly.
KathleenS said... (9/5/08 11:13 PM) Reply
That really does look like a collection - the pieces go together really well. It's great that it was all stash fabric!
Athene said... (9/5/08 0:44 AM) Reply
I love your wardrobe - it looks so up-to-the-minute and chic and you accessorize so well.
Deb Fox said... (9/3/08 4:42 PM) Reply
Stunning! You look like a 40's movie star in your new mini-wardrobe. The colors are just gorgeous and your write up was so very entertaining! Such wonderful inspiration.
Bonnie O said... (9/3/08 9:13 AM) Reply
What a wonderful collection you created! You look terrific in every ensemble!
celeste said... (9/2/08 10:28 PM) Reply
what a fun review to read and loved your pictures; how much fun was the fashion-shoot?! loved it. ok, I guess we are all here for the sewing part (your pieces are excellent by the way!) great job and good luck with the contest :)
tenaya said... (9/2/08 3:41 PM) Reply
Great choices, and especially I love your colors!
lark said... (9/2/08 2:21 PM) Reply
Annette, Beautiful combo!!! Great choices and colors, and I love your style!
2BSewing said... (9/2/08 9:09 AM) Reply
Annette...you're awesome! I love your wardrobe pieces. The colors are perfect on you (love the blue). Thanks for taking the time to explain your mini-wardrobe adventure. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)
Nancy K said... (9/2/08 8:00 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful wardrobe! I love your fabric choices and the layering gives you a very current flattering look.
lilyofthevalley said... (9/2/08 2:06 AM) Reply
Annette, I bow to your genius! Your colors are ethereal, your garments elegant, your fit sublime, your accessories enviable, and your words hysterical. Who could ask for anything more? -Lily
CynthiaSue said... (9/2/08 1:31 AM) Reply
I adored taking time to read your whole story. And the "stupid" passage had me ROFL. You are a gifted writer. Your theme is original, well thought out and so pretty. This is a completely fresh look to the "blue/brown or blue/yellow-gold" theme. I love it. It goes without saying that your tailoring skills are remarkable.
MissCelie said... (9/1/08 8:58 AM) Reply
I didn't know it was possible to get that many combos from a mini wardrobe! Color me impressed!
Athene said... (8/29/08 0:59 AM) Reply
What a great wardrobe. I love your attention to color and detail and of course your construction is so refined. Thank you for all the great pictures. always learn so much from your reviews.
dr. liz said... (8/27/08 10:44 AM) Reply
What a beautiful entry! I joined that contest, too, but won't finish. It's a great project, though, and after all the real prize is the clothing! Yours turned out great, and clearly your workmanship is extraordinary.
Obrooks770 said... (8/27/08 10:07 AM) Reply
I love your wardrobe & accessories, the colors the pattern choices all of it. Great organization. What an inspiration! Thanks for the review.
cindyann said... (8/27/08 8:44 AM) Reply
Superb mini wardrobe! Love the color combinations . You have outdone yourself on this one. BTW, this review was fabulous. I'm done gushing now.
hongkongshopper said... (8/27/08 2:50 AM) Reply
What a great wardrobe! Love, love, love the colours!! The vest is especially lovely. Well done!
Luckylibbet said... (8/26/08 10:53 PM) Reply
Off to read your reviews... I am so GLAD you finished, I was really looking forward to the end result. Congratulations!
K_sew said... (8/26/08 9:03 PM) Reply
I completely enjoyed reading this review and looking at the marvelous sewing and color sense you have, Annette!!!
Marji said... (8/26/08 6:14 PM) Reply
It's an amazing wardrobe. Excellent mix of fabrics and silhouettes.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/26/08 5:52 PM) Reply
Outstanding wardrobe! You look fantastic. Your accessories and coordinated looks are great!
morzel said... (8/26/08 4:01 PM) Reply
Great wardrobe! Everything goes well together, good job done. And I also enjoyed reading your review, great humour.
katlew03 said... (8/26/08 3:15 PM) Reply
Love your comments. I also like to sew barefoot and lose my shoes. The comment about looking for the material that was on the dressform was funny--been there. I could see myself in comment after comment, although you do seem much more organized. I wonder why it takes so much energy to get started, and then everything falls in place. I have a new Viking Diamond in a box right behind me--since Aug. 9th, but I keep getting on PR as an excuse to keep from opening it up. I think your storyboard is great -- thanks for the link to the tutorial -- since I have yet to submit my first review -- that procrastination again. I think your pattern and fabric choices are absolutely great. I look forward to seeing the finished results.
Grammy Gin said... (8/26/08 2:27 PM) Reply
Love, love, love it!! The photos look so romantic & glamorous. Your outfits look neat w/perfection to a "t". Congrats on finishing it...I never had a doubt!! Ginny
janet said... (8/26/08 11:59 AM) Reply
You look like you just had your pictures taken at "Glamour Shots"!!! You look absolutely gorgeous in your montage. Love your new wardrobe and as always your work is perfection and you keep me laughing....
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/26/08 10:55 AM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous finished wardrobe!!! You are such an inspiration to me!
nancy2001 said... (8/26/08 10:50 AM) Reply
What a wonderful mini wardrobe. You look beautiful in all your new clothes.
Mufffet said... (8/26/08 10:08 AM) Reply
This is a lovely wardrobe! Nice colors and styles on you.
ConnieBJ said... (8/26/08 9:35 AM) Reply
Love it! But how are you going to wear the pillow sham??!! I may have to read this more closely-Oh wait- the vest! Great review Annette.
Meggie LuLu said... (8/26/08 9:09 AM) Reply
Your wardrobe looks WONDERFUL!!!!! Everything fits PERFECTLY!!!! I just LOVE it!!!! I LOVE the color combos!!!! You did an excellent job!!!!
carolynw said... (8/26/08 8:58 AM) Reply
I love everything you have done - you know I have longings for your entire wardrobe. Am not sure why - despite my sending you my address many, mnay times nothing has been received - I am here Annette - will take anything you don't like LOL!! Only problem is you do a FBA and I do a SBA. Good luck!!
cecelia said... (8/26/08 8:37 AM) Reply
Everything you did is simply gorgeous. I love the patterns and the fabrics you chose.
Nancy Rhodes said... (8/26/08 8:16 AM) Reply
Don't get any paint on that 'nina! Paint by day and sew by night. good luck! I do like your fabric selection and will be waiting for the results.. just remember to enjoy the process.
craftygamma said... (8/26/08 7:34 AM) Reply
Very nice! And you write as well as you sew--an informative & entertaining review.
Kristine Kay said... (8/26/08 7:33 AM) Reply
Wow... amazing final products, including the final board of pictures!
Lori V said... (8/26/08 7:10 AM) Reply
Annette, your mini-wardrobe is fantastic. You have some fantastic garments and the colors are so pretty. Thanks for the very entertaining review, too.
Sew4Fun said... (8/26/08 4:15 AM) Reply
Fantastic wardrobe of clothes! Everything looks so good and mixes incredibly well. Well done on finishing too!
Meggie LuLu said... (8/17/08 6:22 PM) Reply
What a CUTE Mini Wardrobe plan!!! I just LOVE it!!!! I can't wait to see what they look like together!!!!
Luckylibbet said... (8/17/08 0:30 AM) Reply
Left comments for you on the two reviews - it's coming together! Excellent reviews and am looking forward to more....
shesflipped said... (8/16/08 9:19 PM) Reply
This is beautiful! I love the selection of fabrics and colors that you've chosen. I can't wait to see it finished!
sewtime said... (8/16/08 7:53 PM) Reply
Your collection will be incredible! Can't wait to see them as you finish them.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/12/08 5:45 PM) Reply
Annette, Beautifully planned, from soup to nuts. You are certainly inspiration for trying out a wardrobe contest. Good luck.
Heatherrique said... (8/12/08 8:31 AM) Reply
I"m already fascinated by the styles and colors! GREAT plan and cool storyboard!
Fran G said... (8/12/08 7:17 AM) Reply
Just tell me what time I should come over to play! This is awesome!
Karen8320 said... (8/12/08 0:36 AM) Reply
Annette, I'm simply blown away! You are so amazingly well organized and what I'm doing at this end merely pales into insignificance compared to what you're doing. Your color theme is superb - so appropriate - and everything will coordinate so well with your accessories. Good luck with the contest and I wait with bated breath to see your finished garments.
Athene said... (8/12/08 0:29 AM) Reply
Oh I love your plan, your fabrics and your accessories. It will be a fabulous wardrobe. Wow you are so organized. I really look forward to seeing the completed project.
Jill Giard said... (8/11/08 5:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful wardrobe plan! So well thought out - I love that you have already chosen your accessories. What an inspriation!
Grammy Gin said... (8/11/08 12:45 PM) Reply
You are awesome! Good luck, but I doubt that you need that. Love, love love the finished sun room. Curtains are beautiful! Can't believe it's the same room. Ginny
Luckylibbet said... (8/11/08 11:52 AM) Reply
LOVE your inspiration! Can I come nap on your porch too? Especially if it leads one to such awesome creative endeavors and real organization to boot! Your fabrics are stunning - a pillow sham that matches! - and your patterns are a wonderful starting point. I know how it goes about changing mid-stream, too. Lots of luck!!!!
Lynnelle said... (8/11/08 11:34 AM) Reply
Double Post.
Lynnelle said... (8/11/08 11:34 AM) Reply
I also like your colours, textures, and patterns. I like the way you organized your storyboard as well. Nice job.
sewbehind said... (8/11/08 11:19 AM) Reply
Annette, love your storyboard, your colours and your inspiration. You must have a lot of accessories or just be lucky! I'm looking forward to your finished clothes and the looks you get with them.
kerrynw said... (8/11/08 11:02 AM) Reply
Looks fantastic! Love your choice of colours and textures. Can't wait to see your finished outfits.
Peggy L said... (8/11/08 10:56 AM) Reply
You are an inspiration! Can't wait to see your completed projects.
annie11 said... (8/11/08 9:20 AM) Reply
Love your plan, your accessories and the sunporch! Beautiful! Can't wait to see the wardrobe come into being.
Mahler said... (8/11/08 9:16 AM) Reply
Annette, of course I wish you luck ! Also, I am amazed by your wonderful photographic eye for still nature. It is not the first time that I show your pictures to DH who has been teaching photography for 25 years (he started very young ;-) and he confirms that you have a good eye !!! I cannot believe that you had all those fabric in your stash !! Amazing ! I love the choice of colour and fabric as well as patterns. Also, your sunporch is a real woman's eden. very nice and romantic. After this never ending message, go, go, go I am fully behind you ! Anne
Kath in ON said... (8/11/08 8:46 AM) Reply
Wow, you certainly are organized! And I love your storyboard. I'm going to copy your idea - I've spent more time playing around with the storyboard than I should...
Kristine Kay said... (8/11/08 8:38 AM) Reply
Love your colors, textures, and patterns. Better get off that sunporch and start sewing!
marjenann said... (8/11/08 8:29 AM) Reply
Wow!!! What an awesome collection!! Can't wait to see the final results!!! -Annette

Vogue Patterns V8598