Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Member since: 1/21/07

Posted on:8/11/08 1:12 PM
Last Updated:8/11/08 1:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

Sweater knit fabrics

GeminiSkye said... (5/24/10 4:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great info. I have this pattern cut but have not started sewing. I also found the bodice instructions more complicated than necessary. In sewing it the way you did, where did you start/begin sewing around the neck? I was thinking the shoulder seams since that is where the stitching would end when following the pattern. Also, I wanted to put in an invisible zipper. Aside from the different way of actually installing the zipper, do you need to adjust the pattern (seam allowances, sewing method, etc.) in any way? Thanks for any info!
LadybugSewingStudio said... (11/5/09 6:19 PM) Reply
I made this dress last week for a client. She was disappointed how "flat" the skirt was. (I followed the directions on the netting...but it is really insufficient.) So, I created a petticote for the dress with about 3.5 yards of netting gathered to a 24 inch waist. THAT worked! Now it has more of a ball-gown shape.
LadybugSewingStudio said... (10/9/09 3:52 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for sharing your alternative bodice process...I like it! I sometimes struggle with 'crazy' instructions and then end up doing it my way...but I sweat bullets the whole time! Glad to know I'm not alone.
Tallahasseelassie said... (9/30/09 11:38 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for sharing. I appreciate your candor and your advice. Beautiful dress!
MammaRae said... (8/25/09 1:53 AM) Reply
Extremely helpful and well written review. I will keep your suggestions handy when I start the project. My grand-daughter chose this dress for my mother's up-coming nuptials, because "the flowers are tied in the ribbon so you don't have to carry them!"
Jenleigh23 said... (7/6/09 5:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I was thinking of making this dress for my daughter to wear in a wedding and I am so glad to have your insight before I make it! Thanks.
Mebber said... (5/2/09 11:57 AM) Reply
I am making this dress for my niece to be a flower girl _ I too will use silk and fine cotton. Your insight is very helpful! Thanks
merry-one said... (8/12/08 8:09 PM) Reply
Thank you all! I can't wait for the wedding.
CA Eisenhour said... (8/12/08 1:15 AM) Reply
Awesome review........Thanks for the great tips on construction! Don't ya just hate them patterns that have you standing there scratching your head saying, "WHAT?" I usually end up "doing it my way" too! Beautiful dress, Beautiful DD! ~Connie
sewtime said... (8/11/08 1:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful, thank you for sharing.
Karendee said... (8/11/08 1:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and daughter. I'm sorry you had such a time with the directions. The final result was perfect.

Ralph Pink Basic Swimsuit Block