Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2008-116 (dress)

Reviewed by:Vonnevo

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
MareeAlison said... (8/20/08 4:07 AM) Reply
Very noice Vonne. :)
Christina Sonja said... (8/16/08 2:19 PM) Reply
How clever to scour the sales rack for fabric. This turned out great :)
mochalover said... (8/15/08 9:19 PM) Reply
Great job as always.
Sherril Miller said... (8/15/08 11:33 AM) Reply
What an unusual pattern. I love how your top turned out, it so pretty and you look great in it.
Mahler said... (8/15/08 9:54 AM) Reply
This top is so great ! I bet that the dress would also look wonderful on you. I love the fabric too.
2BSewing said... (8/15/08 8:39 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top! And brilliant idea on the re-use of the dress/fabric. I need to keep that in mind when I window-shop RTW in the clearance rack. Great job! :)
Fran G said... (8/15/08 7:17 AM) Reply
Vonne, this top looks great on you! You have great shoulders..like a gymnast! Love your fabric shopping tip!!
hongkongshopper said... (8/14/08 11:23 PM) Reply
Nice work!
Debbie Cook said... (8/14/08 9:34 PM) Reply
It looks great! This pattern is on top of my to-do list for the weekend, also as a top. Nice to see a helpful eview before I even get started.
Liana said... (8/14/08 6:54 PM) Reply
So cute, and I love your fabric.
Annette1 said... (8/14/08 2:36 PM) Reply
I love this as a top, and it looks SO NICE on you, too!
MelissaB in WA said... (8/14/08 2:05 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!! I love the fabric too - great repurpose of a dress - you're a smart cookie my friend! :-)
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/14/08 1:27 PM) Reply
Great looking top. I love the idea of cutting up RTW then turning it into something different. Great review.
sewbehind said... (8/14/08 11:48 AM) Reply
You look great in this. Well done.
sewtime said... (8/14/08 11:39 AM) Reply
Pretty top! Looks great on you!
Patti B said... (8/14/08 10:58 AM) Reply
Lovely top and great re-purposing of the dress. Burda's necklines are often a bit hubba-hubba, aren't they?
Karen6790 said... (8/14/08 9:59 AM) Reply
I think this works much better as a top. Love your changes, and thanks for affirming it's okay to buy a piece of RTW to cut up. I've done it and gotten some strange reactions too, but sometimes it's the only way for a fabric you want. Great job.
ribbit2jen said... (8/14/08 8:40 AM) Reply
Too cute...love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (8/14/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Great idea to make a top, think I will copy you. I have made the dress and also found the original neckline extremely low (even for BWOF!)
Mel.J said... (8/14/08 7:08 AM) Reply
Looks great Vonne. I really like how it works with the empire seam. Thanks for the review too - I was thinking about modifying my similar Jalie pattern to add a seam there but maybe I'll just wait for this one to show up at the library.
Karen8320 said... (8/14/08 6:19 AM) Reply
Vonne, this looks fantastic on you! I think it looks really good as a top and I also think the sleeveless version is a very smart look. I like the way you've adapted it to fit your own style. Well done!
Natasha B said... (8/14/08 5:32 AM) Reply
This looks great in a top, especially sleeveless. What a fabulous fabric source, I can imagine the shop assistant's reaction!
Schnauzer said... (8/14/08 4:01 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top Vonne!
Athene said... (8/14/08 2:39 AM) Reply
Love this top on you and so smart to use a RTW clearance item to make something really great.
Sew4Fun said... (8/14/08 2:12 AM) Reply
Really nice top! I like your idea of refashioning a RTW dress. :)
Nancywin said... (8/14/08 1:22 AM) Reply
This top looks really great on you - or is it that you're just looking great and happen to be wearing this top? Clever fabric source too!
Mary Ann said... (8/14/08 1:21 AM) Reply
Your top looks great! Just how did you raise this tricky neckline? I'm clueless. Thanks for the great review.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122

by: tenderbutt...

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

SewBaby Snap Happy Booties Pattern