Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3489 (Misses Dresses)

Reviewed by:Michelle L

Last Updated:8/18/08 7:11 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people

Sweater knit fabrics

yualice said... (6/7/14 2:29 PM) Reply
Thx for the awesome review. And for leading me to the Vogue pattern. Being on the plump side myself, it is so good to get an opinion on which pattern is more flattering.
bananaoil said... (9/30/08 9:44 PM) Reply
You're right, the Vogue pattern looks GREAT on you. I wonder though whether the difference is mostly in the fabric, leaving the narrow ties aside? Also, could it be the print of the Vogue dress looks better than the solid green? Anyway, I'm glad you do have a pattern that works for you, stick with it. Where everyone finds these smashing knits is what's keeping me up at night. Thanks for the comparative evaluation.
Heatherrique said... (8/19/08 9:41 PM) Reply
Geez, how could I miss this beauty of a dress! You absolutely look terrific in this dress! Lovely color and style on you! Thanks for your comparisons of this and the famous Vogue pattern!
Mufffet said... (8/19/08 3:05 PM) Reply
Really pretty color and nice drapy fabric. Love this. Looks very nice on you, as does the Vogue.
Danvillegirl said... (8/18/08 6:45 AM) Reply
Interesting comparison. The Vogue pattern is much more flattering on you.
sewtime said... (8/18/08 0:35 AM) Reply
You look very pretty in this dress. Love it.
cmarie12 said... (8/17/08 8:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for a great review! I understand totally why you prefer the Vogue dress!
Kbenco said... (8/17/08 6:24 PM) Reply
I just love Vogue 8379, but like you, I have been flirting with the idea of trying a different wrap dress. Thank you for your very helpful comparison, but I wonder if you would be so unhappy with the Kwik Sew dress if you had made it first, it looks pretty good to me, although it does not fit you quite as well. I like the shorter sleeves and the skirt curved edge. I think the wrap style dresses really suit you.
Annette1 said... (8/17/08 3:05 PM) Reply
Great review and comparison, but you're WAY too hard on yourself and this dress -- ha! I actually think it looks quite nice, and I bet you'd like it better maybe in a print like the other one. BUT, all that being said, you're so right: Life is short. Why mess with fixing one pattern when you have another one you already love? :o) I think you look great in both versions though!
Michelle L said... (8/17/08 10:49 AM) Reply
True, Trixie, in a much more stable knit, perhaps even a double knit, it would not reveal so many "sins of the flesh" so to speak. Then with less stretch the large would be the appropriate size to cut.
TrixieD said... (8/17/08 10:39 AM) Reply
A great comparison. i love the vogue pattern and can see what you mean about the difference in hem and in ties. i do like the Kwik Sew on you and can see it might work even better in a different material.
annie11 said... (8/17/08 10:03 AM) Reply
I think it actually looks very nice on you, but you are right- why mess with this one, when the Vogue pattern is so much better. I have both of these patterns, but haven't made either yet, so your review has definitely told me which one to make!
unfinishedprojects said... (8/17/08 10:00 AM) Reply
Vogue 8379 is one of my favorites too. Thank-you for comparing the two styles!

by: LM2HYD