Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2003-106 (Sleeveless Top)

Reviewed by:JuliaL

About JuliaLstar
KS USA
Member since: 11/6/02
Posted on:8/4/03 3:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Rhonda Noah said... (8/5/03 3:23 PM) Reply
Julia, you look great in this blouse. You did a great job in 'saving' it when the front was too deep/long. In fact, your armscye fits better than the one on the model. You've sewn up some really nice clothes lately.
JuliaL said... (8/5/03 1:59 PM) Reply
Mary -- Because these two silk tops were wearable musins, I just used Mettler and MaxiLock. When I graduate to the good stuff, I'll have to investigate better thread.
SouthernStitch said... (8/5/03 1:02 AM) Reply
Julia, what type thread have you been using with your silks? I think all three of your tops are great.
JuliaL said... (8/4/03 6:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments. The fabric relegates this to a knockaround top -- so cheap it is linting and pulling after two washes! Perfect for a muslin, not so perfect for wearing in public. I got it because a) it was cheaper, softer and a better color than the linen offerings at Hancock and b) because it let me also work with silk without fear -- now when I'm ready to cut into some good silk I can say "this is my third silk garment, how hard can it be?" instead of "this is my first silk garment, maybe I should go clean the basement and think about this some more before cutting..."
Ann C said... (8/4/03 6:15 PM) Reply
I agree with the others, I would not relegate this one to a knock-around top.
Marita Kinnula said... (8/4/03 6:14 PM) Reply
Now honestly, what's wrong with this, I think it looks just great !!!
Teri said... (8/4/03 6:06 PM) Reply
I second Cindyann! It fits you very nicely.
KathleenS said... (8/4/03 5:50 PM) Reply
I agree with cindyann, it looks good! and from this angle anyway, the neckband looks like a design feature (one of those bands with a notch at the front?)! It also is snug round the armhole (always important in a sleeveless top) after your alterations, unlike the model picture :)
cindyann said... (8/4/03 3:40 PM) Reply
JuliaL, I think this top looks great on you. It fits well in the bust line and it's shape is very flattering to your figure. I like the cheereful color too.

More Knits