Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2806 (Scoopneck tops with ruching or)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02
Posted on:8/19/08 10:31 PM
Last Updated:7/21/09 5:43 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 37 people
EveS said... (8/11/09 7:52 AM) Reply
Love this green version, Debbie! (And your green shoes, and your green walls...) Another green-hater, I see! ;) Anyway, thanks for the tip about the sleeves and the reminder about the high back neck...I recall this problem, too, on the sh top.
nancy2001 said... (7/23/09 7:57 AM) Reply
Great top. Looks terrific on you.
Mermie said... (7/22/09 11:37 AM) Reply
Love it!
mssewcrazy said... (7/22/09 8:21 AM) Reply
I promised no more patterns until I sew something- and here you have me break this resolution with two. Your new top is simply wonderful and to know the sleeves of the two patterns can change out well that is just too great to know.
Jo Ann Ely said... (7/22/09 7:41 AM) Reply
Debbie is worth her weight in gold!!!!!
Raye Ann said... (7/21/09 6:14 PM) Reply
i love all of your versions! yep- definately going to purchase this pattern. it has been on my wish list. i am just finishing up the third version of jalie2682 (my first jalie experience!) and will be posting results soon. btw- i espcially love your use of contrast bindings- you have a great eye for colors and prints!
sewingwithmysisters said... (5/9/09 9:09 AM) Reply
Thanks for your every helpful comments. I am off to cut this out!
LBowman said... (2/11/09 3:16 AM) Reply
Thanks very much for the instructions on how to sew the foldover down by machine - I did that and it worked perfectly.
Steffie said... (8/22/08 7:54 PM) Reply
Great fabric!
Dei said... (8/21/08 1:48 PM) Reply
Great top...and skirt. Love the fold-over instructions. The print is fabulous. Can't wait to see pics of you sporting your new outfit.
Grammy Gin said... (8/21/08 12:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful outfit. Enjoying your blog!
sewing for fun said... (8/20/08 11:03 PM) Reply
GREAT top and super review and hints. What pattern did you use for the skirt? It looks vaguely familiar, but I can't place it!
Athene said... (8/20/08 8:37 PM) Reply
A great top. Thank you for the thorough review, pictures and fold over piece tutorial.
Sew4Fun said... (8/20/08 7:46 PM) Reply
Nice top Debbie. Thanks again for the neckline tutorial. Your neckline looks very polished.
EveS said... (8/20/08 6:41 PM) Reply
I can't take it anymore. I must have this pattern. Love your version, Debbie, and love that fabric, too! Gotta try that neckline trim!
Winifred said... (8/20/08 6:40 PM) Reply
Love this outfit Debbie - very attractive. I've made a top from BWOF with a foldover section like this and a tutorial was previously done by another PR member which was v. helpful - too lazy to go & find the issue- its nearly midnight LOL. Anyway, after all that I rhink the Jalie one is great. Dear little dog.
Kellie R. said... (8/20/08 3:54 PM) Reply
Very nice Debbie. The fabric is perfect for the pattern and it's great with the skirt. It's versatile and very stylish. Great job!
VtMartha said... (8/20/08 1:53 PM) Reply
Cute shirt! Thanks for the info on the sleeves - I like the sweetheart top sleeves much better.
Mufffet said... (8/20/08 1:09 PM) Reply
Nice top! Great fabric!
Heatherrique said... (8/20/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Very attractive top! Superb work as always!
PVA said... (8/20/08 10:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful results! Thanks for this review, the construction details and of course the photos. (The pj top is a winner too.)
OP Gal said... (8/20/08 10:46 AM) Reply
I love your top, Debbie, and it looks great with the unusual looking skirt. Thanks for all the information about how you constructed it.
cathy45 said... (8/20/08 9:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful top--and so much helpful info, too. I love your tutorials
Sewing Chick said... (8/20/08 9:21 AM) Reply
I love your top. This is a pattern I keep meaning to buy. I had to chuckle at your alterations. I have high rounded back and sloping shoulders, so I guess I won't have to make any alterations!
marykpfist said... (8/20/08 8:37 AM) Reply
Debbie- great tip/tutorial on using the machine for the foldover, and on the other sleeves fitting-- thanks!
appleton78 said... (8/20/08 8:28 AM) Reply
Love your top!! That fabric is wonderful also. My 12 dd said "Cool". Looks like I will be picking up another Jalie!
angie.a said... (8/20/08 7:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful Debbie! Thanks for the great review! I love all the details you always give. :)
Lori V said... (8/20/08 7:11 AM) Reply
Debbie, this looks so nice on you. Thanks for the review.
shesflipped said... (8/20/08 7:11 AM) Reply
I love the foldover version of your top, your fabric choice, the contrasting neckband, and the wide hem bottom. Great to hear that you can use the sweetheart pattern sleeves perfectly, too. Great review, great top!
Fran G said... (8/20/08 7:06 AM) Reply
Another winner, Debbie! I just ..almost..finished my first Jalie top and am impressed with the fit, the drafting, the instructions. You've given me another to make. Another great tutorial, too. Thanks for all of the time you put into your reviews!
michellep74 said... (8/20/08 0:41 AM) Reply
I've been on the fence about this pattern (I love the look, but wasn't sure how the foldover would break above my bust), but based on your version, this is a very cute, flattering pattern. I have some of that same fabric in my stash, too!
sewtime said... (8/20/08 0:40 AM) Reply
Love the top and skirt! It looks great on you. Thank you for the good review.
Patti B said... (8/20/08 0:26 AM) Reply
Debbie, this looks great on you! And with the skirt, you've got a wonderful ensemble. I like your method on the foldover too.
Understanding Interfacings