Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 965 (camisole and t-shirt)

Reviewed by:dbsewer

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Lingerie

JanieBee said... (1/21/10 8:32 AM) Reply
Love your comments!
cecelia said... (8/24/08 2:44 PM) Reply
Well, it looks very cute on Helga. Sorry it didn't work for you because it's such a fun print. We all have out wadders, so just move on and don't feel bad. I had 4 in a row a while back!
AnneM said... (8/23/08 7:25 PM) Reply
You certainly got the print placement correct on this! It is the "straight" part that is the problem, I think, since you aren't straight. Perhaps curve the side a bit more. And WNTW mentions using a lower scoop neck for a larger bust.
Leora said... (8/23/08 4:26 PM) Reply
I made a lot of changes to mine so thought I would share. I lowered the neckline and that helped with the proportion. Then I added a FBA at the sideseam and folded the dart into the pattern and taped it (I can see how using an armhole dart made it too big) before cutting the fabric. The sides need a little added curve and voila! finally, a good looking tank. I'll put together a review eventually but just wanted to encourage you to give it another try.... just not in a rib knit. Ask me how I know!!
Linda E. said... (8/23/08 2:57 PM) Reply
I love your fabric.. I am sorry the pattern didn't work.. If you can't get the top to work maybe can recycle the fabric making a t shirt using a solid color for sleeves and such.. just a suggestion.
shesflipped said... (8/23/08 11:45 AM) Reply
This was laugh out loud, rolling on the floor, FUNNY! And here I was thinking I was the only other person who has had these kinds of sewing experiences! Please keep up the good (or bad) work, 'cuz it's a real hoot.
Karen8320 said... (8/23/08 9:14 AM) Reply
DB, what a shame this did not work for you. I actually quite liked the print of the fabric because it appeared somewhat summery to me, although I didn't notice the sad face amongst the flowers. Maybe that was a sign that things weren't going to go too well for you with this top. There are many other tank top patterns out there that I'm sure you will have more success with than with this. Ditch this particular pattern, forget the tattoo, and hopefully you will find a more flattering pattern.
appleton78 said... (8/23/08 9:00 AM) Reply
Very helpful, informative, and amusing review!!
Suesews said... (8/23/08 0:04 AM) Reply
Thank you for the honest, extremely funny, well-written review. I do not think it is worth getting the tattoo to make the top work for you. But, it will work for someone!
Elona said... (8/22/08 11:18 PM) Reply
Funnier than h*ll! I dunno; maybe you should just keep on essaying Jalie tops, because the entertainment value for us is great!
katlew03 said... (8/22/08 10:03 PM) Reply
I had a top turn out similar to this and it looks kind of like it is too wide across the top of the bust (bottom of armhole area). I trimmed out a little on the bottom of the armhole above the curve and then took in the upper side seam a slight amount before applying the binding. I don't know if this will solve your problem if you did a FBA. I am just the opposite since I am not especially well endowed up top. Try turning the material under a little along the armhole edge and pinching in the very top of the side seam and see if this makes it better or worse.
greenandlilac said... (8/22/08 9:59 PM) Reply
I'm sorry this didn't work. I think this is the funniest review I've read on this website yet. Maybe you could take in the sides and raise the neckline a little if you ever try it again. If not you could always sell it on the classifieds.

Christine Jonson Swing Jacket