Pattern Reviews> Mrs. Stylebook Magazine> #150 pg. 74 (Eyelet Dress w. Tucks)

Reviewed by:madhatter

About madhatterstar
Member since: 3/27/06
Posted on:8/24/08 9:31 AM
Last Updated:8/27/08 9:53 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

MarmotaB said... (6/14/09 7:58 AM) Reply
I love it... I'm not going to use the dress pattern anytime soon, but I wondered about the underdress, as I plan some dresses that would require something like that. Is it just pull-on, or does it require a zipper?
Annette1 said... (8/28/08 0:41 AM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL dress! I'm glad you solve the little "backside" problem. :o)
nicegirl said... (8/27/08 11:27 AM) Reply
Oooooh, Misses Style Book. I'm not worthy! Fun dress and good perseverance.
kim*brown said... (8/27/08 10:41 AM) Reply
Love the photos, and very cute dress, looks lovely on your skin and with your hair color.
merteuil said... (8/27/08 10:26 AM) Reply
This is so lovely! And it fits beautifully!
CynthiaSue said... (8/26/08 0:53 AM) Reply
this is adorable. I'm so jealous you can sew Miss Stylebook. very impressive work.
Mufffet said... (8/25/08 8:30 PM) Reply
Oh my - this is so beautiful and so delicate. What a nice job you did, and it looks lovely.
Lori V said... (8/25/08 7:10 AM) Reply
Very cute dress, it looks fantastic on you. I really like your staging of the dress with the accessories
kerrynw said... (8/24/08 9:15 PM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute! Love your dress and love your photography and presentation.
amy in mpls said... (8/24/08 7:11 PM) Reply
Fantastic dress! Its really impressive that you have the skill to do a MSB, their patterns look so original. lovely job!
Flying Seamstress said... (8/24/08 5:47 PM) Reply
LOVE the tucks, love the changes you made!
wreninrome said... (8/24/08 4:51 PM) Reply
wow...first i love the dress...then i love your garden
Meggie LuLu said... (8/24/08 1:47 PM) Reply
What a CUTE dress!!!! I just LOVE it!!!! You did an excellent job!!!! Your accessories are PERFECT!!!!
Heatherrique said... (8/24/08 12:10 PM) Reply
Hey, you're back! Yeah! Lovely, lovely, lovely!
Sigrid. said... (8/24/08 12:05 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, really something special. It's very nice on you. The hard work paid off.
cindyann said... (8/24/08 11:38 AM) Reply
It's fresh and pretty. Very nice.
MissCelie said... (8/24/08 11:32 AM) Reply
Everything you make from MSB is so stinking cute. I also love your styling of it!
sewtime said... (8/24/08 11:25 AM) Reply
The finished dress is fabulous! Love the pin- tucks. You did a great job!
mastdenman said... (8/24/08 10:48 AM) Reply
How cute! I love Mrs. Stylebook. I think the puffiness in the back side is just part of the style and gives room to move around when you are wearing the dress.
PsychedOnSewing said... (8/24/08 10:30 AM) Reply
Sehr chic! I really appreciate the Mrs. Stylebook review too.
Mahler said... (8/24/08 10:30 AM) Reply
Your back ! I was missing your review. I always love to see your creations, sewing or knitting. This is a very original and feminine dress. I hope you can find the clue on how to fix the back the way you want it. The necklace and the shoes are such a nice fit with the dress. Your are very talented ! Thank you for sharing your exquisite work. Süss !
QuiltersFan said... (8/24/08 10:29 AM) Reply
I love the tucks that create the top of this dress. The look is great. I also agree that this would make a really nice top.
Frogstitcher said... (8/24/08 10:15 AM) Reply
So very lovely and feminine. You were definitely right in all your fit adjustments; tailored is so much nicer than saggy. I also think that you're right in diagnosing the "problem" in the back. It looks like if you extend the tucks to make them a little longer the issue should repair itself. Thank you for another fantastic MS Stylebook review. -Lisa-
Kellie R. said... (8/24/08 9:50 AM) Reply
I'm glad you stuck with this despite the difficulty. The outcome is great! Maybe after you move on to the next project, you'll grow to love it! I sure do! Great job.
The Technique of Underlining Garments