Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2898

Last Updated:9/24/08 0:03 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Vests    Tops
Aless said... (10/16/08 0:52 AM) Reply
Just love your tops.The pleating detail is one I'll use too.
mssewcrazy said... (9/26/08 7:37 PM) Reply
Really cute top you made and what a price. I am another $1 table fan as well. It just makes trying a new pattern or working out fit issues so affordable.
Honeyface said... (9/24/08 8:09 PM) Reply
I just finished this top and other than it being about 4 sizes too big, I just love it. I'll try again using some of your suggestions. Oh yeah, I'm 56 so you go girl!
Nancy K said... (9/24/08 7:51 AM) Reply
Cute! Glad your dd likes it.
Kitty Couture said... (9/24/08 3:37 AM) Reply
Lovely top! Definitely doesn't look like a 2-buck top.
sewtime said... (9/24/08 1:18 AM) Reply
Love your top, so cute!
Annette1 said... (8/27/08 2:57 AM) Reply
Man, this is so ELEGANT done up in the black, I LOVE it! I predict it will look great on your 52-year-old body, too!
Mufffet said... (8/25/08 8:12 PM) Reply
Nice lines on this pattern! I like this top.
craftylady66 said... (8/25/08 3:14 PM) Reply
It looks great!
RLL said... (8/25/08 11:19 AM) Reply
You must be my sister from another mother! This is not the first time that you made something for your dtr that I also made for mine. It fit my dtr the same way with the bodice (too short), but my dtr did like the length the way it was. I also did not like the fold in half sleeve or the neckline fold. And I too use $1.00 yard from Walmart for muslins and yes the ladies know me and love to see me coming. And the one I made for my DD was a wearable muslin. She loved it. Unlike you, I KNOW the pattern won't work for my 51 year old body.LOL
maryfrana said... (8/25/08 10:18 AM) Reply
I'm always on the lookout for a good top. This is special and congrats for saving so much $$.
EveS said... (8/25/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Cute muslin (oh, how I wish my Wmart still had decent fabrics)! Do try the pleats, too! I use this trick a lot for removing the maternity feel and it makes a difference. Cute pattern...I can't believe I don't have this one. Thanks for the CS inspiration! ;)
carolynw said... (8/25/08 9:10 AM) Reply
Very nice looking top - have this pattern and am going to try this myself with the pleats and hope I don't look as if I am "with child" - long past that stage of life LOL
Kellie R. said... (8/25/08 8:27 AM) Reply
This turned out great! I'm glad your daughter will wear it!
mssewcrazy said... (8/25/08 8:19 AM) Reply
$2 for a great top that was supposed to be an experiment is very inspiring. That is the sort of thing that keeps us trying this craft.
Gelbean said... (8/25/08 2:01 AM) Reply
So cute! And for 2 bucks? WOW!
julie w said... (8/25/08 0:49 AM) Reply
This is great looking top, don't you just love muslins that turn out to be wearable for such a good price too!

More Knits