Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2998

Member since: 6/9/07
Posted on:8/26/08 6:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
Steffie said... (8/30/08 9:43 AM) Reply
It looks very good. But I do understand the disappointment about the large neckline. I continually have this issue with patterns. Being plus-size, it is even worse. But, I have to say, your neckline doesn't look overly large, even though you may be disappointed.
nicegirl said... (8/27/08 11:32 AM) Reply
I think it's cute! I love the color, and you did a really nice job getting that fussy rayon perfectly together. Give it a week or two and I think you might see it with new eyes.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/27/08 10:51 AM) Reply
It looks fine on you - but - I think with some alterations it would even look better. I agree with the others that the sleeve looks a bit too wide and should be re-drafted. Great review.
moushka said... (8/27/08 10:48 AM) Reply
It's very cute on you and the colour is wonderful. The sleevebands are a little large. If you're willing to take the time to re-cut them and size them down, I think you'd like the top much better. Shame to waste such lovely fabric. Good luck!
sewsewboy said... (8/26/08 10:55 PM) Reply
Like the others I think it looks good. Its very current to what is out there in the retail market. Perhaps its a styling issue. Yes, it is drapy, why not try a belt??? A menswear vest over the shirt to contain the volume??? Wear it out a couple of times, see what type of reaction you get from friends and then determine whether its a keeper. Good job.
annie1129 said... (8/26/08 9:40 PM) Reply
It's really cute on you. The only thing that could be taken in would be the sleeve band -- otherwise it's really pretty -- and you look great in it!
jnamcd said... (8/26/08 9:22 PM) Reply
I think it is pretty on you. Maybe the picture makes it look good --I don't notice too much (except the wide band--and it isn't that big of a deal) how much fabric there is on the sleeve. Maybe you could change the band somehow? --And even if you don't, I still think it looks cute on you!
Catbird said... (8/26/08 8:26 PM) Reply
I hate to disappoint, but I like it on you! The color and the easy drape of the rayon knit is lovely and flattering. I wonder if a belt would make you feel less like you're floating in fabric? In any case, I think you've got a winner there.

by: gautrann