Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5223 (Misses' Jacket)

Reviewed by:Vonnevo

About Vonnevostarstarstarstar
Australia
Member since: 10/25/04
Posted on:9/9/08 4:15 AM
Last Updated:9/9/08 4:35 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
snowflakemouse said... (4/12/11 7:41 PM) Reply
All I can say is WOW! You did a beautiful job on this jacket. I love the alterations you made, and covering the buttons with the embroidered flowers from the fabric was brilliant.
AquariJenn said... (6/1/09 5:42 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. I love the button details. I'll have to store that idea away for future use. Thanks for the review.
Kathi R said... (9/20/08 4:16 PM) Reply
Once again you have turned out a fabulous garment and a very complete and informative review -- thanks for taking pictures at each step to illustrate your process.
Jane S said... (9/17/08 4:02 PM) Reply
What a terrific fabric choice and fantastic adjustments to make this fit you beautifully. You look beautiful, "younger than springtime."
shesflipped said... (9/15/08 6:20 AM) Reply
Fantastic! I'd be wearing this everyday!
Meggie LuLu said... (9/10/08 4:55 PM) Reply
This is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your fabric choice! It fits you so wonderfully!!!
Danvillegirl said... (9/10/08 4:49 PM) Reply
Lovely
Mary Stiefer said... (9/10/08 10:12 AM) Reply
Another beautifully done piece of clothing. Your reviews are always a joy because you include so much detail that I like to see. Love the change you made taking out the pleats in the back.
Fran G said... (9/10/08 8:05 AM) Reply
Looks great on you, Vonne! Love the detail on the buttons..you always add the extra touch!
hongkongshopper said... (9/10/08 6:00 AM) Reply
Lovely Vonne!
Krissi said... (9/10/08 1:18 AM) Reply
Love the jacket. It is so light and would be great for spring and summer, just the thing for my sub tropical climate......
Annette1 said... (9/10/08 0:53 AM) Reply
This is just as CUTE as it can be. I LOVE IT, and you look SO NICE in it! :o)
lynny said... (9/10/08 0:10 AM) Reply
Vonne, your sewing and choice of fabric is always so perfect. A lovely springtime jacket. Thank-you for the detailed review, this is another 'must-have' pattern.
EveS said... (9/9/08 10:16 PM) Reply
Wow, this is absolutely lovely! What a fresh, happy jacket! And THOSE BUTTONS!!! Perfect! Great review, too. BTW, I think "stash" would be an insulting term for that fabric! ;)
jtrl4 said... (9/9/08 8:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful.
Heatherrique said... (9/9/08 8:26 PM) Reply
Fresh and captivating jacket, Vonne!
Cody7 said... (9/9/08 8:01 PM) Reply
Vonne, the jacket/top looks fantastic. I am off to buy the pattern today. I have a similar fabric that I think could work well. I will just make my version a little longer. Thank you for the inspiration. The buttons are a great touch.
Schnauzer said... (9/9/08 6:01 PM) Reply
Gorgeous little jacket Vonne!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (9/9/08 4:16 PM) Reply
Bravo! Bravo!! Thank you for the very practical alteration ideas!!
Karendee said... (9/9/08 2:04 PM) Reply
Darling jacket. I'm anxious to make this pattern (which I own.)
Amanda S. said... (9/9/08 1:05 PM) Reply
I love it! You did a great job altering it to fit your body type.
sewtime said... (9/9/08 12:32 PM) Reply
Love your jacket-top! It is just darling!
cathy45 said... (9/9/08 11:55 AM) Reply
Another terrific jacket/top! The buttons are so clever!
LindsayT said... (9/9/08 11:32 AM) Reply
Delightful jacket! I love neckline pleats like this.
Nancy Anne said... (9/9/08 11:29 AM) Reply
I'm impressed! Wonderful jacket- gives it a whole new look. I'm curious, though- will the button cover stay on with buttoning and unbuttoning?
Liana said... (9/9/08 11:08 AM) Reply
Very cute and a great style on you. The fullness is perfect. Wonderful fabric, and the button detail is the finishing touch!
frame said... (9/9/08 10:54 AM) Reply
Really really cute jacket.
cmarie12 said... (9/9/08 10:33 AM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful and it is a new take on it but I'm glad Natasha asked about the fabric - because that was my question too! Glad I'm not alone with the fabric obsession! :)
amy in mpls said... (9/9/08 10:04 AM) Reply
I love your jacket it looks perfectly constructed!
Mahler said... (9/9/08 9:57 AM) Reply
This is an absolute feminine and pretty top ! I love the fabric you used to sew it. Great project. OMG That fabric is all yours ! You have enough to sew for the next 20 years ! ;-)
carolynw said... (9/9/08 8:53 AM) Reply
Lovely top - have this pattern but not yet used - your review as always is so very helpful and also - as always - your work is perfect
Re Becca said... (9/9/08 7:54 AM) Reply
Veru Cute! It makes me wish for Spring! I like it better without the pleat in the back too.
Lori V said... (9/9/08 7:12 AM) Reply
Very pretty spring jacket, the fabric is gorgeous.
Sew4Fun said... (9/9/08 6:20 AM) Reply
Cute summery top Vonne. A good match of fabric and pattern.
kimmielovesparis said... (9/9/08 6:02 AM) Reply
Very cute jacket/top...looks great on you! I've just purchased this pattern because of all the "good reviews"...but alas it's coming on to fall/winter so I may save it till spring.
2BSewing said... (9/9/08 5:05 AM) Reply
Wow! You did a fantastic job altering this & making this into your own version. I love your jacket! Great idea to remove the back center pleat. Vonne...I assumed you also made an adjustment to the back facing? Thanks for the pictures & a very detailed review.
Vonnevo said... (9/9/08 4:37 AM) Reply
oops .... (blushing) .... some of it :))))
Natasha B said... (9/9/08 4:31 AM) Reply
Really cute little spring jacket, perfect fabric. Please tell me that fabric in the background isn't yours?!

All About Linings