Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6829 (Misses Tops and Dress)

Reviewed by:wendlesue

Last Updated:9/13/08 6:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
Powderpuffin said... (10/25/09 3:11 AM) Reply
I was just about to cut this out and didn't like the thought of the bias cut. It looks great on you, but I don't think I'm up for all that work! Thank you - so helpful! I'll now cut it on grain with a zip.
Ellinoora said... (11/17/08 9:35 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I've almost finished version A of this pattern, without modifications, since I'm in a bit of a hurry and 22 seemed like a good enough match. I need it for an outside dress for a live action roleplaying event, so I made it out of double-sided curtain material which is pretty stiff. No problems with the bias cut, although someone commented (when I tried it on) that maybe I should take in the side seams some more.
Sew4Fun said... (9/22/08 5:24 AM) Reply
Cute top and helpful review, thanks! The issue with the bias skirt could be due to the fabric. I personally find shiny fabrics highlight my flaws, so maybe try another fabric before you give up on it.
Rhoda K said... (9/13/08 6:44 PM) Reply
I agree, very pretty top and it does look good one you. I like your comment '"There is something about bias skirts on less than perfect figures that can be kind of unflattering.'' That's what I'm afraid of!
sewtime said... (9/13/08 6:30 PM) Reply
Very pretty top! This is one I would like to make! Worth making again. It is darling and you can fix what you don't like. Cute!
ALY said... (9/13/08 4:48 PM) Reply
I agree with you. This top is so cute. I had not seen this pattern yet. Yes bias tends to follow curves closely.
Karendee said... (9/13/08 4:36 PM) Reply
That top IS soooo cute. Fix what you don't like, but I'd encourage you to make it again.
michellep74 said... (9/13/08 11:52 AM) Reply
Very pretty top! I'd love to see another version of this after you've tinkered with it a bit.
moushka said... (9/13/08 1:35 AM) Reply
Great review and adorable top. Love your idea about changing the skirt grain and adding a zip. You might need a bit more room in the skirt if you cut it on-grain. I think it looks good on you but I agree about the bias clinging, especially in charmeuse. Great job!
1betsy1 said... (9/13/08 1:25 AM) Reply
Very nice top. Thank you so much for the review. I purchased this patter yesterday, I am going to give it a try too.
CharityAK said... (9/12/08 11:24 PM) Reply
I've been eyeing this pattern so I was really glad to read your helpful review and your advice regarding the modifications. I'm putting this one on my wish list and adding you to fav reviewers as I like a good chunk of your other items as well.

by: Jonni Ange...