Pattern Reviews> Butterick> B0458 (Jacket, by Connie Crawford)

Reviewed by:Diane Slade Inc

About Diane Slade Incstar
MI USA
Member since: 9/28/07
Posted on:9/17/08 10:57 PM
Last Updated:9/17/08 11:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Diane Slade Inc said... (7/18/09 10:54 AM) Reply
Hi SewSlow, Did you see the other posters comment? " Would you consider posting this under its "real" Butterick pattern number, 5047, so it shows up with other reviews of this same pattern? B0458 is a temporary number that Butterick assigns to featured patterns. " Be sure to look under the "real" pattern number for the other reviews! Thanks!
SewSlow said... (7/17/09 11:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review I was wondering about this pattern. If you make anything else on this pattern please review it.
AnneM said... (9/28/08 9:46 AM) Reply
That looks great! Those pattern drawings really don't give a good idea of the finished product, but it is a very nice style. Great fabric source!
Diane Slade Inc said... (9/20/08 8:24 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Irene, I think I'll leave this here for the people like me who didn't realize there were different pattern numbers. That way they can see your comment and put theirs in the correct place! Or find reviews for this pattern. I had no idea there were different numbers and there may be someone else who doesn't either, this can help direct them!
Jane S said... (9/19/08 11:24 AM) Reply
What a wonderful use for old jeans. Your jacket looks lovely and I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it...once you make that next sewing decision, buttons:-)
Irene said... (9/18/08 5:23 PM) Reply
Nice jacket! Would you consider posting this under its "real" Butterick pattern number, 5047, so it shows up with other reviews of this same pattern? B0458 is a temporary number that Butterick assigns to featured patterns. Thanks for the helpful review.
sewtime said... (9/18/08 5:11 PM) Reply
Love your darling jacket. I will be adding this pattern to my stash! Love the recycled material you used.
Karendee said... (9/18/08 1:49 PM) Reply
Darling jacket!
Annette1 said... (9/18/08 1:35 PM) Reply
VERY creative use of old jeans, and your jacket has turned out BEAUTIFULLY. I like your idea of using the buttons from the jeans, too. :o)
cecelia said... (9/18/08 12:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this as I've been wondering about her patterns. Your jacket looks very nice and what a good idea to recycle your denim!
Zegi said... (9/18/08 12:11 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness this is SUPER cute! I love that you recycled fabric too. Good for you!
carolynw said... (9/18/08 8:55 AM) Reply
How very nice - I just love the jacket and from recycled jeans - way to go
mssewcrazy said... (9/18/08 8:38 AM) Reply
Wow, you made that from recycled denim garments ! I feel another pattern purchase in the making. The jacket is very nice and environmentally friendly.
LuceLu said... (9/18/08 8:21 AM) Reply
I commented on your blog. I really am impressed by your projects.
Nancy Anne said... (9/18/08 8:07 AM) Reply
Recycled Denim? I am impressed! I'd think cutting that would have been a hassel, but you managed to make a lovely jacket out of it. Kuddos to you!
craftygamma said... (9/18/08 7:28 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your recycling expertise. Love that jacket. Don't worry about the wear spots--they are putting them on brand new jeans now. Dee
JamieLiz said... (9/18/08 7:05 AM) Reply
This is way cute. Nice job!
Athene said... (9/18/08 0:00 AM) Reply
I really like how this jacket looks. I have the pattern but have not tried it yet. I must say your review and photo is certainly motivation to put the pattern toward the top of my to do list.

Victory Satsuki Paper Pattern