Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5239 (Perfect Fit Pants)

Reviewed by:Karen8320

About Karen8320star
Member since: 3/14/04
Posted on:9/20/08 8:01 AM
Last Updated:9/20/08 8:20 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
AnneM said... (10/1/08 11:19 AM) Reply
Congrats on your pants! Looks like you got great results.
Nancy Anne said... (9/21/08 9:05 AM) Reply
I always admire people who do pants. I'm still not quite brave enough, even though I have a pants pattern waiting for when I finally do work up the nerve. At any rate, your look really nice, and very versatile.
Annette1 said... (9/21/08 1:20 AM) Reply
Wow, GREAT pants, Karen. I can't believe these are your first pair of pants. They look fantastic! I remember when Carolyn reviewed these, too, and I rushed right out and bought the pattern. :o) I haven't actually MADE them yet, but I love the cut of them and will get around to it someday. They're VERY flattering on you!
Karendee said... (9/20/08 3:37 PM) Reply
Fantastic job.
tucci4me said... (9/20/08 3:29 PM) Reply
Karen, looks like you have a nice pair of classic dress pants. Great job! I too have discovered recently that the proper rise and crotch depth go a long way toward finding a truly comfortable, flattering pants pattern.
Christas said... (9/20/08 2:24 PM) Reply
You look so stylish in your new pants!!!
Luckylibbet said... (9/20/08 2:00 PM) Reply
Those are your first pants???? Wow, they came out looking and fitting terrific! Very flattering.
Heatherrique said... (9/20/08 12:26 PM) Reply
Karen, that's one pair of stylin' and rockin' pants! Fabulous fit and such a nicely sleek silhouette, emphasizing your long legs! You inspired me to sew a new pair! BTW: you should be Steve Perry's new songwriter....He will be inspired to rock back on stage!
cecelia said... (9/20/08 10:35 AM) Reply
Glad these worked for you. They look nice on you. I like the shirt too!
carolynw said... (9/20/08 9:46 AM) Reply
These look great Karen - I have since made the other view minus pleats and quite like that one too - actually am using this pattern today for yet another pair. After wearing the black ones I had reviewed I felt two front pleats were a bit much so did as you have done - eliminated one in favour of a dart the next time round. Nice when you find a great fitting pant pattern isn't it?
mistygirl902 said... (9/20/08 9:24 AM) Reply
These pants look great! I am in the process of making these myself, with pockets.(view B). Be aware that there is a drafting error in the pocket lining and side front pattern pieces. They do not match, so need to be redrafted. Also, the side front pattern piece is not multi-sized, so make sure it fits before cutting it out. I made a muslin for view A without pockets, but did not make a muslin for view B, so I had to do some creative alterations to get the pockets to work. Otherwise, it is a great pattern. I especially like the shape of the crotch curve.

Miranda Day Bag Paper Pattern