Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3894 (3894 Khaliah Ali Collection)

Reviewed by:marec

About marecstarstarstarstar
AZ United States
Member since: 5/11/08
Posted on:9/20/08 4:32 PM
Last Updated:9/20/08 4:45 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus    Skirts
luray said... (2/21/09 6:35 AM) Reply

AnneM said... (10/1/08 11:18 AM) Reply
New sewing notion: the serenity prayer. Love the results, what a nice idea to make the sheer jacket.
tr1c14 said... (9/25/08 1:27 PM) Reply
Really nice! I have this pattern in my stash and now that I've seen it for real, I think I'm going to have to try it.
Karendee said... (9/21/08 7:08 PM) Reply
I really love this top!
DorothyK said... (9/21/08 12:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful top. It looks perfect on you. You handled the fabric so well - I have yet to take on such a difficult fabric.
valerie sews said... (9/21/08 5:27 AM) Reply
Very nice top. I like your floaty material. Thanks for your review.
marec said... (9/20/08 11:16 PM) Reply
K_sew, this one is my work version which I wear with various colored tanks. I teach junior high and while I like to wear sporty clothes, I also don't want everything visible as I bend, twist and lean over tables. :-) I sewed another version in a black and white floral which is more sophisticated. Janice, altering the drape was pretty easy. I altered the pattern pieces of the other four panels by shortening then by approx. 1/3rd. I tried to alter the drape pattern piece but it wasn't very obvious as it is an irregularly shaped triangle. So, I just cut it out as the regular pattern size, basted it to the four panels (which were sewn together first), and then cut the drape at an angle to match the panel angle. No math, no real measuring...just used a ruler and pencil and scissors. Who would know that I didn't use a pattern? As long as the angles match, then the hems will match and all is good. :-)
Athene said... (9/20/08 10:04 PM) Reply
A wonderful looking coverup and very flattering.
JaniceCB said... (9/20/08 8:44 PM) Reply
How did you change the drape in front? I'm also petite and would like to make this jacket.
K_sew said... (9/20/08 8:34 PM) Reply
This is so attractive in a sheer. I would be interested in what fabric you used for the "work" version also.
wreninrome said... (9/20/08 7:37 PM) Reply
very pretty...i love the flow of the fabric
AngieC said... (9/20/08 6:21 PM) Reply
Looks lovely on you!
sewtime said... (9/20/08 5:31 PM) Reply
So cute!
Rhoda K said... (9/20/08 5:30 PM) Reply
Very attractive jacket and so versatile. I hesitate to try anything that sheer for the reasons you mentioned, but maybe one day . . . . .
mssewcrazy said... (9/20/08 5:25 PM) Reply
That is so pretty and wonderful that you made it your way. I would love one of these sheer things. I am glad to know that it can look so nice on a petite.

Angela Wolf AW4200