Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 905 (Fitted Jacket)

Reviewed by:nancy2001

About nancy2001starstarstarstar
Member since: 12/3/05
Posted on:9/23/08 8:29 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 36 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Bernie R. said... (8/26/10 0:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the nice details about the pattern and your sewing trials. The jackets look GREAT!
Heatherrique said... (12/6/09 11:45 AM) Reply
Nancy, THANK you for your review of this jacket. I just saw this pattern on the screen and glad to revisit your gorgeous jacket and review. I am still on my quest to find THE jacket. RTW does not do it for me anymore. I just added this to my list.
Nancywin said... (11/23/08 10:54 PM) Reply
I have only tried the basewear 2, but love it. Thanks for the review. I think all of your jackets look great.
AnneM said... (10/8/08 6:39 AM) Reply
It was work, but came out great. Congrats on your wonderful jacket.
Karine said... (9/28/08 12:38 PM) Reply
thanks for the review on this jacket - your links were helpful too. I absolutely love the lines on this jacket. I can understand why it has become your TNT.
Gilraen Surion said... (9/28/08 10:48 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket. I think you made great choice opting for one button only. It makes it look very elegant and stylish.
Jane S said... (9/27/08 9:48 AM) Reply
Nancy, your review is just as great as this beautiful jacket. You demonstrated why we make beautiful clothes but also to learn new techniques and stretch our abilities. Bravo.
amy in mpls said... (9/26/08 2:14 PM) Reply
wow, fantastic job!
MissCelie said... (9/25/08 6:56 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket Nancy!
Athene said... (9/24/08 10:41 PM) Reply
Wow this a a great jacket. Your perseverence paid off big time - now you have a wonderful TNT pattern .
tlmck3 said... (9/24/08 8:18 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review's thoroughness and specificity. And for the links to the shoulder pads, etc. The jacket is beautiful and you are right to be proud and excited about perfecting it.
CSM--Carla said... (9/24/08 5:44 PM) Reply
Nancy, Thanks so much for this thorough review!!! I have this pattern and have put off making it--it seemed slightly 'dated' to me. But now it is DEFINITELY going on my 'to sew' list. I love the one button look that you created. I like that you share the sources for all the materials that you have used in your projects. I will use your review and hints as I sew! You are a great role model as you make the pattern several times until you have the techniques down perfectly. I wouldn't think to do that. So Helpful! Thanks again! Carla
Winifred said... (9/24/08 5:28 PM) Reply
This jacket is so lovely Nancy, professional and chic ! Its gone on my wish list even tho i have loads of Jacket Patterns already and many on the list too !!
Birgitte said... (9/24/08 2:43 PM) Reply
Congratulations! This jacket is beautiful- and such a wonderful detail with that one glorious button. Your review is a testament to the fact that setting goals and keeping at it always pays off. You should be justly proud. Thank you for a wonderful review.
Bernadette W said... (9/24/08 1:58 PM) Reply
Wow- and I would not call Jackets 1 and 2 Muslins--wear those proudly as well!
nancy2001 said... (9/24/08 1:05 PM) Reply
Thank you all for your very generous compliments. I think this is a great basic pattern and well worth investing in even if you've never sewn a jacket before.
Heatherrique said... (9/24/08 11:49 AM) Reply
What a headturner of a jacket, Nancy! Before you know it, you will be hooked on making more!
gatorgirl4325 said... (9/24/08 11:29 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket - good for you for not giving up - this one is well worth your effort!!
carolynw said... (9/24/08 10:44 AM) Reply
I would say you hit the jackpot with this - your jacket is really wonderful - so professional!! You will get lots of wear out of this I am sure - elegant and classy
Frogstitcher said... (9/24/08 10:14 AM) Reply
Nancy, success was immanent with your level of persistance. Congratulations on completing your beautiful well fitting jacket. Your review is very inspirational and I'm sure we'll see several more reviews of this pattern due to your high recommendation.
Patti B said... (9/24/08 8:16 AM) Reply
Great jacket! Your muslins were worth the effort. I've wondered about her more structured jackets and your excellent review makes me want another pattern.
MarilynB said... (9/24/08 8:11 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a great, detailed review. Your jacket is lovely.
appleton78 said... (9/24/08 8:05 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket! You did a fabulous job! I have been sewing for what...100yrs?....and I still have not tackled a tailored jacket...I have a billion patterns for them...but have never worked up the guts. Way to go!!
Ellenatlga said... (9/24/08 6:36 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket! I'll have to go get one of these patterns.
sewtime said... (9/24/08 1:25 AM) Reply
Great jackets. I love the style of them. You did a good job!
Em's Summer said... (9/24/08 1:02 AM) Reply
Congratulations! What a beautiful and very elegant jacket! You did an excellent job!
michellep74 said... (9/23/08 10:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Congratulations on taming the tailored jacket!
DaisyEsq said... (9/23/08 10:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and great review!
Lynnelle said... (9/23/08 9:33 PM) Reply
Really nice jacket and review. Very well done.
K_sew said... (9/23/08 9:21 PM) Reply
How nice your jacket looks! It must be a wonderful feeling to have found a TNT pattern for your jackets. Thank you for the review; I really enjoyed reading about your "jacket journey."
ryansmumAria said... (9/23/08 9:17 PM) Reply
nancy, as always, a work of art!
Karen8320 said... (9/23/08 9:06 PM) Reply
Nancy, how wonderful to read about your pursuit of your perfect jacket. Good for you! You've done a great job here and you should definitely be feeling proud of yourself. All of your tailoring techniques have helped to give this a really professional look. Very, very well done!!!
EleanorSews said... (9/23/08 8:46 PM) Reply
Your jacket is elegant! Well worth the effort you put into it. Such a thorough review, too. Thanks for taking the time.
Barbara3 said... (9/23/08 8:39 PM) Reply
Thanks for the GREAT review, Nancy! Your jacket is beautiful and your feeling of success shines through. I've had this pattern for a while and now you've given me the inspiration to try it out.

by: regine