Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2008-114 (Knit top)

Reviewed by:Allie in Hong Kong

About Allie in Hong Kongstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/2/03
Posted on:10/10/08 11:15 AM
Last Updated:10/10/08 11:14 PM

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

2BSewing said... (12/24/08 12:18 PM) Reply
I love your version of this knit top. I like the raised neckline. I actually like the ungathered top front. It makes it a unique top. I'm toying with the idea of making this (my 2nd BWOF project). Great review.
Karen6790 said... (10/13/08 9:37 AM) Reply
This is definitely on my to-do list now. Great work in altering the neckline. Don't feel bad, we've all done things like forgetting to put in gathers at one point or another. The top looks great on you.
Nancy K said... (10/13/08 9:37 AM) Reply
I have been pondering this pattern and how to raise the cf because as usual it is too low for mortals who have to wear bras! Your looks great. I am still up in the air about whether this will look good on me, so I may actually do a knit muslin. Thanks for the review
Allie in Hong Kong said... (10/13/08 8:23 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone. Yes Peaudane there is a lot of fabric in the upper sleeve which takes a bit of getting used to. Thats partly why I think this needs a very drapy fabric, but I do think it would be possible to take out some of the fullness. I also think if I had remembered to put in the front gathers that would work better.
peaudane said... (10/12/08 5:56 AM) Reply
Seeing this worn, I wonder if it might be better to reshape the dolman sleeve to take away some of the fullness in the upper part of the arm. What do you think?
touran said... (10/11/08 3:33 PM) Reply
Pretty and pretty fast. I'm excited to make this up too.
cindyann said... (10/11/08 11:12 AM) Reply
Now I'm really looking forward to getting my issue! Thanks for the review.
crisford said... (10/11/08 11:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful top, and the color is eye-catching!
Meggie LuLu said... (10/11/08 10:16 AM) Reply
I LOVE that top!!! I plan on making this soon!!!
EveS said... (10/10/08 10:55 PM) Reply
This was one of the 1st patterns in this issue to catch my eye. Love your version...thanks for the tips!
Geordie Girl said... (10/10/08 3:06 PM) Reply
Lovely top. Got my October WOF today and this went straight on my to sew list. Thanks for reviewing it, you have strengthened my resolve to do this one.
Annette1 said... (10/10/08 2:11 PM) Reply
This top is BEAUTIFUL. It's the PERFECT combination of drape and controlled fullness.
peaudane said... (10/10/08 2:02 PM) Reply
I really like your version! Just wondering, in the original version, does the tab go where the gathers in the front are? That would make the neckline really low!
Karendee said... (10/10/08 1:22 PM) Reply
michellep74 said... (10/10/08 1:11 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I want to make this up, too, but have been trying to figure out whether I want to do a modesty panel or modify the neckline to deal with the issue of how low-cut it is.
cabinbaby said... (10/10/08 1:02 PM) Reply
I am glad you are going to post an update when you wear it. It is always so hard to see what it really looks like on the form. I love it right now.
Dei said... (10/10/08 12:49 PM) Reply
Love this rich color. Looks good so far and can't wait to see how it looks on you.
sewtime said... (10/10/08 12:27 PM) Reply
This is a WOW! Pretty and bright! Love it.
Christina Sonja said... (10/10/08 12:10 PM) Reply
I just read through the directions for this one this morning. I'd love to see how it looks on you, so far it looks great on the mannequin!

You Sew Girl 200mm Chunky Frame Purse Pattern