J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2898

Posted on:10/26/08 1:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Vests    Tops
trintje said... (2/11/09 7:27 PM) Reply
This looks a lot better on your dummy than it does on the pattern envelope. Very nice.
AnneM said... (11/18/08 12:37 PM) Reply
Very cute, flexible top. Congrats on making a wearable knit top. I almost always do flat sleeve insertion for knit tops (not woven). The jersey can still curl under, of course. Practice is the best method, learning where to hold the fabric. You can also try a glue stick for particularly errant fabric.
Hilary said... (10/26/08 2:40 PM) Reply
Your shirt turned out beautifully~great job! I agree, sewing the sleeves in flat is far easier :o)
christea said... (10/26/08 1:18 PM) Reply
Thank you for the advice-I will try that with the next one!
sewtime said... (10/26/08 11:25 AM) Reply
Nice top! Love the style and the material!
carolynw said... (10/26/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Nice looking top
JeanM said... (10/26/08 9:35 AM) Reply
I might have to try this pattern (I have the same belly!), it looks good! Like Julie W, I sew the sleeves in before sewing the side seams, I find that much easier for knits and wovens.
julie w said... (10/26/08 9:09 AM) Reply
Very flattering top, I love these types of styles, great job. I usually set the sleeves in flat with knits on the serger. ie sew the shoulder seams then the sleeve head to the front and back armhole and lastly sew the sleeve seam and side seam in one pass. I do congratulate you on doing a very good job of setting in the sleeve with a knit, I'm hopeless at that!!
Annette1 said... (10/26/08 3:17 AM) Reply
Well, I don't have a serger, so I can't help you there, but your top looks GREAT! Very flattering style.
Christas said... (10/26/08 2:16 AM) Reply
This looks great!
katlew03 said... (10/26/08 1:30 AM) Reply
Great job. I bought this pattern for DD who has gained quite a few lbs. in her middle. She is on a very strict diet to lose them but hopes to become pregnant afterwards so this top might be ideal for transitioning. Your top really looks nice. I'll definitely give it a try.

The Cottage Mama Georgia Vintage Dress