Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4366 (Threads Pants)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:10/27/08 5:02 PM
Last Updated:10/27/08 5:04 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts
AnneM said... (11/21/08 11:50 AM) Reply
My, you look sharp! Definitely into the closet they go.
Kathy in NM said... (10/28/08 8:45 PM) Reply
Lisa - I'll look forward to a review about Peggy's zipper method once you've tried it! It is always good to have options.
Mary Nanna said... (10/28/08 1:46 AM) Reply
They look really nice on you! I made these too and was surprised, like you, that they had the faux pockets. Also, you are spot on with your advice - there are 8 steps to put the zipper in alone!
frame said... (10/27/08 10:41 PM) Reply
I think these look really great. I like the drop of the leg.
Lisa Laree said... (10/27/08 10:22 PM) Reply
Kathy, I've used Sandra B's fly method before and I agree it's a good one. I want to do Peggy Sager's version, too; I've seen her demonstrate it at the Sewing Expos two or three times and I really need to give it an honest shot too. Basically, though, I wanted to see how the instructions on this pattern were. Only way to find out was to try and follow 'em! ;) But thanks for the tip...I'm glad to have a convenient location for that link!
Kathy in NM said... (10/27/08 9:11 PM) Reply
Here is the link to the Sandra Betzina method: http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/tvt008.asp
Kathy in NM said... (10/27/08 9:04 PM) Reply
Nice job with the plaid! They say it should help you in fitting to see if things are straight or not - see, you really knew what you were doing by using the plaid for a muslin! The fit is good, if not boot cut. I would think a little alteration from hip to knee might do the job. Regarding the fly front - try Sandra Betzina's method in Power Sewing. It is fantastic. Perfect results every time. You may have to modify the pattern slightly, but she shows how to do that. It may actually be on the Threads on-line videos, I don't remember for sure. But, it is in her Power Sewing book. Congrats on some nice fitting pants. Now I need to get out this pattern......
Kaitlinnegan said... (10/27/08 5:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review! I'm in the middle of these and debating about how I'm going to like the leg shape - it looked pretty much like yours on me when I basted. Like you said - nice, but not quite what I was going for. I've got some thinking to do! Anyway, great pants!
Christas said... (10/27/08 5:08 PM) Reply
Great review. Cute pants!

Marfy F2260

by: joanico

Go To Patterns Casual Lady

by: kidmd

Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)