Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5764

About 3kids1036starstarstarstar
Member since: 10/10/06
Posted on:11/4/08 9:13 PM
Last Updated:11/4/08 9:18 PM

See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
Christas said... (1/2/09 10:33 AM) Reply
You capelet is so pretty. I love your creative closure. Even though it may have been a pain to sew you ended up with a very stylish garment that looks fantastic on you!
Teka said... (11/13/08 1:13 PM) Reply
Your version is so cute! I especially like your modifications. Your husband did a wonderful job on matching the plaid.
LindsayT said... (11/7/08 2:56 PM) Reply
You are so stylish as always. All the fashion magazines are mad about plaid right now. Nice!
Winifred said... (11/6/08 6:11 PM) Reply
I love this so much i'm going to make it too!! DH, well done, it puts it into high end RTW immediately. Takes a long time but so well worth it in the end. Even some expensive wear doesn't get it right always - I got a lovely pair of pants in a sale recently priced at 80 UK for 20 and the inseam plaid was a bit out!! Idont think it will show -might adjust it myself. Takes people like homesewers to get it right!!!
shesflipped said... (11/5/08 4:54 PM) Reply
I LOVE this! I love the plaid even though it was a pain. What a great hubby to match it for you! Looks great with the yellow cowl neck!
Beek said... (11/5/08 12:01 PM) Reply
Hilarious comment regarding the CRAP from Walmart. But your cape is darling!
sandrasdaughter said... (11/5/08 12:00 PM) Reply
Quite lovely! It looks warm - yet stylish.
moushka said... (11/5/08 11:59 AM) Reply
Very cute, looks great on you and I love the colours with the yellow top.
janet said... (11/5/08 11:51 AM) Reply
Another winner! Love your fasteners.
RobinMCPA said... (11/5/08 10:56 AM) Reply
RobinMCPA said... (11/5/08 10:55 AM) Reply
edited to eliminate duplicate comment!
RobinMCPA said... (11/5/08 10:54 AM) Reply
It looks great! Sorry about the crappy interfacing - that sounds like an especially horrific one. I've never attempted to match plaid before but I have some plaid knit fabric I was thinking of trying soon. Oh, and LOL on Tony helping you out on the plaid matching - totally sounds like something Jim would do too. He has a lot of patience for things like that. Those two are so similar!
nglalala said... (11/5/08 10:17 AM) Reply
It looks great! Love it!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/5/08 9:56 AM) Reply
What a fabulous piece. It looks great on you.
Leslie in Austin said... (11/5/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Cute!! Hubby did a fantastic job of matching the plaid. Is he for hire? ;-)
Puppy said... (11/5/08 8:53 AM) Reply
I have to identify with Emelle...your husband and mine are two different kinds of guys....mine's definitely not into the perfection/refinement required for anything in the sewing room (or the kitchen, for that matter!). Really, really nice garment, in spite of the hassles.
emelle said... (11/5/08 6:19 AM) Reply
very cute.....I saw two pieces of this fabric left at Hoover Hancocks....but once I stretched it out on the cutting table and thought about that plaid....I got ahold of myself and put it back!....you did a great job though, and so did your DH (I would not let mine near any sewing project I had going!), ML
Lori V said... (11/5/08 6:06 AM) Reply
The capelet looks wonderful with the cowl. Tell your hubby great job on the plaid, how nice of him.
sewtime said... (11/5/08 0:08 AM) Reply
Love you capelet! The material you used is really pretty! You look so cute in it.
DoggyGirl said... (11/4/08 10:51 PM) Reply
Ha! It may have been a pain in the !@! for several reasons, but you look GREAT in it! And your hubby did a fabulous job matching the plaid . This is so cute - wear it with pride.
Lady_Mame said... (11/4/08 10:34 PM) Reply
It looks sharp. Great husband :D
katlew03 said... (11/4/08 10:22 PM) Reply
Really like the front fasteners that you used in place of buttons. Love the colors in the plaid.
Caitycat said... (11/4/08 9:47 PM) Reply
Plaid looks AWESOME - but I agree - you were INSANE to attempt it! Great result, though!
Vonnevo said... (11/4/08 9:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous capelet, Adrienne. Love the fabric, fasteners and style - it suits you so well. Hubby did a superb job on matching the plaid :))

Simplicity a2684