Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3369 (Jackets)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 46 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Plus

4u2cme said... (2/13/10 2:30 PM) Reply
I too have this pattern in my stash. I love your fabric and the alterations. Great looking jacket!
TracyB said... (11/9/09 6:15 PM) Reply
Wow, that's a nice jacket! When you alter the muslin, then do you go back and make idenical changes on the paper pattern? Or trace a new paper pattern off the muslin pieces? Or use the altered muslin pieces as the pattern? That part of altering the pattern stays a mystery for me.
Scousegal said... (9/26/09 7:53 AM) Reply
So much easy to understand explanation of the pattern. About to start sewing & planing the wardrobe. Will look forward to this one Beautiful fabric as well
SheBear0320 said... (4/5/09 1:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for a great review with lots of detail -- I've just pulled this pattern and a lightweight sueded upholstery fabric to attempt this project. Love the way you did the faux pockets with flaps. I know I'll need to do a muslin for this.
Vintage Joan said... (12/19/08 4:36 PM) Reply
Wow, is that nice. :) Your fabric is gorgeous.
nfield said... (11/25/08 5:05 PM) Reply
great review Debbie. Love the way you chevron the stripes on the collar. Definitely will try that detail on my next shirt project.
janet said... (11/25/08 5:04 PM) Reply
Great fit! Wonderful jacket! You are a master at pattern alteration and design detail. I love all of your tutorials--THANK YOU!!!
Mufffet said... (11/25/08 9:39 AM) Reply
Great jacket! Great to see a review from you again!
carolynw said... (11/25/08 8:50 AM) Reply
WOW!! This is wonderful - beautiful and in all the colors I love. Love the addition of stripes for collar and facing which makes it even more of an eye catching jacket. Geat review
Merry G said... (11/24/08 7:50 PM) Reply
I love your reviews...you do an awesome job...thanks...
Winifred said... (11/24/08 6:15 PM) Reply
Great jacket Debbie. Very interested in your use of home-dec fabric. I do mean to try that sometime - yours is very successful. So good to have you back on board - so much worry has been registered about your absence !!!
Grammy Gin said... (11/24/08 3:41 PM) Reply
Ohhh...to have your skills!!!! Looks great on you!
michellep74 said... (11/24/08 2:08 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket! What an innovative twist on a jeans jacket!
EleanorSews said... (11/24/08 1:37 PM) Reply
No wonder everyone considers you to be Sewing's Divine Diva. Your jacket is absolutely top shelf. The combination of the print with the striped accent is just elegant. Your review is so thorough and helpful. And, you inspire the rest of us!
Luckylibbet said... (11/24/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Ditto to all the above! and welcome back! I have major fabric LUST for your fabric -gonna go check local JoAnn to see if it's there.
PVA said... (11/24/08 11:17 AM) Reply
Ditto to all of the above! You make me want to rush out & buy the pattern. Thanks for another mega-star review.
nancy2001 said... (11/24/08 11:17 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks beautiful and fits perfectly.
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/24/08 10:59 AM) Reply
Love that jacket! You mixed the fabrics just enough to give it fabulous interest...I so enjoy reading your reveiws!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/24/08 10:48 AM) Reply
As usual, another fabulous creation. Well done, Debbie. It looks great
Sherril Miller said... (11/24/08 10:25 AM) Reply
Nice Jacket. I'm glad you explained that you make the square shoulder adjustment. I was wondering why the shoulder seam wasn't overlapping properly.
OP Gal said... (11/24/08 10:21 AM) Reply
Love the jacket, especially your choice of contrasting fabric. It fits like a dream, too. I was interested in your method for narrowing the shoulders. I always have to do that and use Betzina's method. I'll have to try yours. Great to see you back!
Kellie R. said... (11/24/08 9:51 AM) Reply
This is so cute!!! I love the fabric and I'm sure with your added lining, this will keep you toasty AND stylish! p.s. it's nice to see you!
Patti B said... (11/24/08 9:48 AM) Reply
Debbie, this is a smashing jacket! Never has home dec fabric looked so good. Thanks for the illustration on the shoulder alteration; I've always done them individually with mixed results and this should work better. Good to see you back too!
Christas said... (11/24/08 9:41 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket ... fits perfectly, of course it would since you made it!!!
Nancy Rhodes said... (11/24/08 8:23 AM) Reply
Fab job on the lapels! I can't think of anything to add to those previous comments (++++++) on your eyecatching choice of fabric, buttons etc. Wow Great Jacket
Lori V said... (11/24/08 7:59 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket, Debbie.
Olivia Sews said... (11/24/08 7:27 AM) Reply
Kwik Sew 2895 is the regular size version and has been reviewed several times. Good idea to add the pocket. I really like to have a pocket in my jackets!!
Darla in PA said... (11/24/08 7:11 AM) Reply
Your jacket turned out wonderful. I started this jacket a long time and quit. Maybe I'll put it out again and play with it again.
Elaray said... (11/24/08 5:57 AM) Reply
I've also had this pattern in my stash for years! I didn't consider lining the jacket, but it seems like a good idea.
Yvonski said... (11/24/08 4:49 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and you've inspired me to get it out. Thanks for a very detailed, informative review.
Sew4Fun said... (11/24/08 4:02 AM) Reply
Nice jacket. Very Coldwater Creek! I like how you did the stripes on the back collar.
goldesdottar said... (11/24/08 2:40 AM) Reply
Yes, now i too will be hauling out this pattern...i am glad you included thefitting details - i like KwikSew but always expect their Plus patterns to be too broad in the shoulders & have armscyes that are WY too low. Thanks a bunch, as usual.
Gelbean said... (11/24/08 2:20 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! Perfect fit! And the colors are look fabulous on you.
Annette1 said... (11/24/08 1:33 AM) Reply
I've had this one in my stash for years, too, so I'm glad to see at least ONE of us finally made it up! Yours is truly a designer original, with your mix of fabrics and prints in just the right colors for you. You've also achieved a very flattering fit, but of course I would expect no less. Thanks for a very helpful review. :o)

You Sew Girl Day Bag Pattern