Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3536 (Misses Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:Gelbean

About Gelbeanstarstarstar
Member since: 2/17/08
Posted on:12/12/08 9:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
Sara The Slayer said... (1/7/10 11:10 AM) Reply
I think it's lovely...don't know what you don't like so much...I would never say it's a wadder.
CrescentaLuna said... (12/31/08 1:09 AM) Reply
Oh, good gravy, gelbean! I just stumbled on this review after posting mine. I agree with the previous commentors who said "Oh but you look so cute in it!" because yes, you do! But I also see exactly the things I DIDN'T like about mine. It looks like maybe you have the cowl neck turned in a little? because it didn't really drape right? And the ruching, which is what I love, is lower - toward the hips, rather than really around the midriff, which is so forgiving? And you had to add at least twice the elastic called for? And the sleeves have such a tiny length of elastic, it hardly has a design effect? Hmmmm! Well, if you get inspired to try again, you know to shorten it. It's a unique top to have in your wardrobe.
PrairieTides said... (12/29/08 10:53 PM) Reply
I think it looks terrific! I just bought this pattern, so I'm glad to read your review. Thanks!
Em's Summer said... (12/14/08 11:18 AM) Reply
I think the neckline looks nice on you. The top is a pretty style and stretch velvet is a pretty fabric, but maybe they don't go together? I agree with the earlier comment that it would look very different in a less shiny fabric and I also think that a slightly wider neckline might make a difference, too.
nancy2001 said... (12/14/08 9:48 AM) Reply
You look beautiful in teal.
sewtime said... (12/13/08 7:26 PM) Reply
I think your new top is so pretty! Beautiful material!
Christas said... (12/13/08 10:21 AM) Reply
It looks very pretty on you! When I read your review, I was surprised you didn't like it.
poplin said... (12/13/08 9:11 AM) Reply
But the shape really suits your hourglass figure!
balancin1 said... (12/13/08 8:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review and I'm sorry you didn't like the finished product. Your top is very lovely and also inspired me to try the pattern.
LornaJay said... (12/13/08 8:20 AM) Reply
Well, I think it looks stunning! It was the picture which made me look more closely at this review....
CShelley said... (12/13/08 8:10 AM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up. I have this pattern in my stash and I'll be sure to shorten it as I'm 5'2". And I think your version is wearable...
Laurasews said... (12/12/08 10:29 PM) Reply
Maybe I am crazy, but I love it. I would make more with less shine. My opinion...wear it with pride!

Decades of Style 3011 (1930s Stardust Skirt)

by: Amy Jeanne