Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5513 (Lined coat)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:12/23/08 6:31 PM
Last Updated:12/23/08 6:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Sweater knit fabrics

BenaeQuee said... (1/12/09 4:39 PM) Reply
That looks lovely! I left off the top buttons on mine too (I also left off the other 3 decorative ones). I also opted to not sew down the pleats, it looks better that way :-) Beautiful Coat :-D
LauraDee said... (12/30/08 1:36 PM) Reply
Oh... to have a beautiful little girl to sew for! My 16 year old son, though much beloved and endlessly endearing, just does not fill that niche in my heart. Good job! The coat is beautiful! Tell her she is not allowed to grow until the coat is worn out, okay?
Dmd4106 said... (12/27/08 9:47 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat! Great review. Jeanna looks great in it too>Thanks for posting alterations tips.
Mahler said... (12/27/08 9:20 AM) Reply
Thank you for all those wonderful construction tips. You are sooo generous and no we are not tired of you yet ! Why should we. PR without you would not be the same dear prolific sewist !!! This is a master piece. I have been looking at the pattern and I wanted to sew one for my self. Am I too old for that ? I thought the Scandinavian look would be nice for me as well. I think I would complete it with a faux persian hat. Wonderful. You are so good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITAdmin said... (12/26/08 8:23 AM) Reply
All these are cute, but the coat is outstanding. Love the buttons!
KateS said... (12/25/08 5:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful! What a darling coat!!!!
Lori V said... (12/24/08 9:49 PM) Reply
How darling the coat looks on Jenna. How fun for you and their family.
Birgitte said... (12/24/08 9:04 PM) Reply
We can never get sick of you, Annette. Your warmth always comes across in your reviews, and this coat is proof positive. Beautifully made inside and out, detailed, well-fitted, but, most of all, heartfelt. What a mensch you are, Annette. Merry Christmas!
CynthiaSue said... (12/24/08 5:22 PM) Reply
This was just the perfect thing to read on PR on Christmas Eve. We should name it like "A PR Christmas Story" or "Miracle on PR" or "It's a Wonderful PR Life" Way to go Annette. :) :)
Heatherrique said... (12/24/08 1:00 PM) Reply
Jenna is so DAZZINGLY CUTE in that exquisitely beautiful coat! Children, generally with their still purely innocent nature, value things that come from the heart and spirit. The coat embodies your persona: lots of love and your efforts from your generous heart. Jenna will wear the coat so often, cherishing such beautiful reminders of you and the positive things in life. Thirty years later, Sister Sledge's "We are Family" pervades the air musically and spiritually....Indisputably, your lively and warm presence here in PR substantiates that! Love ya Annette!!! ~Louella
Jane S said... (12/24/08 10:12 AM) Reply
Is there a rating for "wonderful story as well as wonderful garment?" Then you get top marks for both. Thanks so much for sharing with all of us. PR is such a fantastic connection and you've made it that much more special.
bebrown said... (12/24/08 9:11 AM) Reply
Great job! I'd have been thrilled to pieces with a coat like that when I was 16 (back in the dark ages).
Mary W said... (12/24/08 8:53 AM) Reply
Good friends,a beautiful coat,clean sewing rooms and 720 feet of tracing paper-that's a GREAT Christmas story
Grammy Gin said... (12/24/08 8:31 AM) Reply
Wow! what a lovely coat....you really are talented & think of so many nice details. Who could ever get sick of such a warm, feeling, loving person?
Sigrid. said... (12/24/08 4:46 AM) Reply
How nice to read the background story to this coat. The coat is wonderful. I made this coat last year for DD and thought it would be a 1 season coat. It's not, she still wears it this winter with much pleasure. I'm sure Jenna will wear hers a lot too. As always: love to read a review by you.
Christas said... (12/24/08 1:09 AM) Reply
Annette! This is the MOST AMAZING coat! It is GORGEOUS! The inside is just as wonderful as the outside. What a labor of love. Goodness, I cannot even imagine all the work that has gone into this beautiful coat. It fits Jenna so perfectly... how you were able to tailor make something from so many miles away with just a few measurements is beyond me! You are one EXTREMELY talented seamstress and a VERY DEAR FRIEND!
HLT said... (12/24/08 0:24 AM) Reply
Come on Annette! I think it's obvious that you are quite loved around here! It truly warms my heart that you share your kindness with new friends. What a great connection thru PR!!! Thanks for including the background info. This is so cute. Just adorable!!!
sewtime said... (12/23/08 8:08 PM) Reply
Darling coat, so pretty!!!
Karendee said... (12/23/08 7:58 PM) Reply
No! We're not sick of you; I appreciate your detailed reviews with additional spunk. Jenna looks absolutely wonderful in her delightful coat. This is one lovely looking and acting family; their genuine spirit comes forth in their pictures.
Meggie LuLu said... (12/23/08 6:57 PM) Reply
Annette, Jenna LOVES her coat!!! She has been wearing it ever since she opened the box!! She is STILL wearing it!! She told me to tell you "Thank You" for her!! She is SOOOO EXCITED!!! Thank you SOOO MUCH!! You're so nice!!
2BSewing said... (12/23/08 6:51 PM) Reply
Annette...that red coat is darling! Love both the front and back. That's a special gift you made. I thoroughly enjoyed your review. Besides being a talented sewist, you're a talented writer and I'm still laughing. Great job! :)
cabinbaby said... (12/23/08 6:50 PM) Reply
That's super cute. I love the color, the buttons, and bottom hem.
Lynnelle said... (12/23/08 6:42 PM) Reply
Wow, nice review and very well constructed garment. I always like your reviews.
Morisot said... (12/23/08 6:41 PM) Reply
Nicely made and looks great on Jenna. Sounds like you are having fun too!.

by: Artemisia ...