Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 40 (Lauren's Dress)

Reviewed by:ssssdeb

About ssssdebstar
UT United States
Member since: 11/3/08
Posted on:3/16/09 8:12 PM
Last Updated:3/16/09 8:26 PM

Dmd4106 said... (4/5/09 7:39 PM) Reply
Cute outfit! Its a little disconcerting when the sizing is off, especially for beginners and children. I run into the same problem with helping my dd to sew. Now, I just check the pattern and make the alterations and let her sew herself. She is so impatient. Its good to know the the Silhouette line is a hit with teens. My dd is 11 and she likes very few of the children's patterns. Also, she on the opposite end of the sizing spectrum then your dd.So they just my work out for us. Thanks for posting such a great review. Dina
ssssdeb said... (3/17/09 5:14 PM) Reply
I used the finished garment measurments and used those to adjust for my daughter's liking. The original finished measurements would have been way too wide on her since I made a size 6 and still had to take it in. Length in size 14 seems about right for her. In RTW she is a standard size 10 in pants and 12-14 in girls tops. Does this help?
Darla in PA said... (3/17/09 9:51 AM) Reply
The dress turned out very cute! I have a question regarding the sizing. When you say up front measurements, what measurements are you referring to? I was under the impression that this pattern line had you measure a rtw garment with the ease that you preferred and then you use those to seleect your size. Is that what you did? Thanks!
addicted2fabric said... (3/16/09 9:35 PM) Reply
Great review, very informative. I would love to see the dress properly, but the thumbnail pic does not enlarge :o(

Pin-up Girls 1230