Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 12-2005-127 (Chemise Top & Panties)

Reviewed by:Leslie in NZ

About Leslie in NZstar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 12/24/05
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:12/29/08 7:00 PM
Last Updated:4/17/10 11:54 PM

CrescentaLuna said... (4/18/10 9:32 PM) Reply
It's so helpful to see the evolution of your pattern and technique. Agreed, I often think "why don't I just whip out dozen of these!" when I inspect a pair of my own undies - they don't seem as though they'd be hard to sew, and I know where I want to tweak the fit! But somehow lingerie sewing seems ... don't know, I just never have done. So thanks for the inspiration!
JoanneM said... (4/19/09 7:25 AM) Reply
You did a great job. I am always intrigued by these $18 a pair hanky panky lovely underwear that are so popular,we should be able to replicate them but time and sewing priorities are always the issue! You did a great job, Congrats!
Peggy L said... (4/19/09 7:12 AM) Reply
Great review!
Pixie Helen said... (4/19/09 2:16 AM) Reply
hello from another kiwi. thanks for the review, I'm tempted to give it a go!
donna mel said... (12/30/08 6:46 PM) Reply
good for you! its really worthwhile to keep adjusting the pattern until it fits. now you have a great pattern and perfectly fitting undies. in the stores, if you can find what works, they change the style and you're back at square one each time you need to restock.
squirrellypoo said... (12/30/08 5:36 AM) Reply
These look great! I really wish I had this issue, though the Jan 08 KnipMode has some very similar lingerie I've been meaning to try all year!
Braemar said... (12/30/08 4:53 AM) Reply
Thank you for a very thorough review. I went through a spell of lingerie making a while back. Inspired by you, it maybe time to return to this!
Sigrid. said... (12/30/08 3:27 AM) Reply
Wonderful job on these. The way you altered the pattern to fit you is well thought out. I like the lace on the side too.
Karen8320 said... (12/30/08 0:17 AM) Reply
Way to go, Leslie! The phrase 'nana pants' makes us all rethink things, doesn't it? What a great job you've done with these. I love how you've tried to perfect the fit and the look of these and how you've taken us along on your journey with muslins. Your review is very helpful and very encouraging to us all. Well done and please keep us updated with your further improvements.
mlsews said... (12/29/08 8:15 PM) Reply
thanks for the great review. Love the lace on the sides, bet they are comfy.

Paradiso Designs Perfect Pillows Pattern