Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5007

Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:12/30/08 2:19 PM

Rustybobn said... (12/31/08 8:43 AM) Reply
Very nice, Sigrid! I have this pattern. Thanks for the review.
Annette1 said... (12/31/08 0:21 AM) Reply
What a great review! I ALWAYS learn something in your reviews. That idea of cutting your pieces a little bigger then fusing and cutting is genius! I've had some fabrics fray so much it actually affected the sizing. As for the jacket, well, WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE? Your extra little details on the lining make it so special, and I REALLY like that FABRIC (even though I'm sure it was a bear to work with). This style looks VERY NICE on you!
tlmck3 said... (12/30/08 6:30 PM) Reply
Love the jacket. The fabric looks like it was a nightmare to sew--so ravelly. I also want to thank you for collecting and organizing all of the tutorials on the Tutorials Blog you linked to here. It has become my new favorite site to browse.
Re Becca said... (12/30/08 3:54 PM) Reply
That looks really cute on you. I like the texture of the fabric next to the black turtleneck.
Nancy K said... (12/30/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Great with those black pants! I need to sew my 2 UFO's of this pattern! A nice not too formal jacket that looks comfy and dresses up a pair of jeans or makes a chic outfit of your black pants.
Christas said... (12/30/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks so wonderful! It is so versatile since it can easily be dressed up or down! I really like your fabric choice!
Birgitte said... (12/30/08 2:40 PM) Reply
Wow, what a perfectly flattering jacket! You look great in this, Sigrid, and I agree it's a shame this pattern is OOP.
blue mooney said... (12/30/08 2:24 PM) Reply
Sigrid, that's a beautiful jacket! Like you say, it would look great with jeans or a LBD. Great versatile piece.

More Knits