Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1051 (MISSES' PANTS)

Reviewed by:Luckylibbet

About Luckylibbetstar
Member since: 7/28/03
Posted on:1/15/09 1:24 AM
Last Updated:1/15/09 1:40 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 34 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

seannamarie said... (7/3/09 3:44 AM) Reply
Yep- Definitely a helpful/informative & funny (love your sense of humour!) review. Those look great on you, and I DEFINITELY want to buy the pattern myself & muddle thru it!
Jennifer shaw said... (5/7/09 11:52 PM) Reply
Holy cow LL , these are the best pants ever!!I hope that you show these off soon. THey look great on you.
suebbb said... (1/29/09 4:54 AM) Reply
absolutely p_ssed myself laugning at your comment "I'm 5'3", middle-aged and built like Old European peasant. " firstly you are so NOT, and secondly your awesome talent (just take a proper look at your snow queen outfit!!!!!) makes up for any vertical challenge. Beautiful work and if I had more spare time I would be a die hard fan of your blog.. but i am a shallow woman with whimsical tendencies.
joan said... (1/16/09 7:44 AM) Reply
Saw your name in the review list and had to come and see your wonderful pants and read your informative and entertaining review. Great job! and the welt pocket is impressive.
katie lynne said... (1/16/09 1:27 AM) Reply
Fine, fine job, and marvelous review!
Athene said... (1/15/09 11:43 PM) Reply
Really a nice pair of pants with mininal alterations. Very tempting - I may have to add this pattern to my wish list.
Christas said... (1/15/09 6:48 PM) Reply
Very nice looking pants! Excellent and very helpful review. Thanks so much for the added pictures of your alterations.
Heidi Ho said... (1/15/09 3:56 PM) Reply
Another great version of these pants which seems to work well for everyone, I'm wearing my most recent pair in black wool gabardine today and have gotten a lot of compliments. I like the links to the tutorials you provided, I'll have to check them out. I really like the way you extended the zipper into the top yoke. A great pair of pants and they look very nice on you...they are very slimming!
frame said... (1/15/09 3:13 PM) Reply
Great pants and a wonderful review. Thanks.
sewing for fun said... (1/15/09 12:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for the GREAT review! I have been considering trying out this pattern and you convinced me (one of a similar European peasant body shape) ! :) Thanks for your willingness to share measurements/body shape issues. That makes a review so much more helpful!
nicegirl said... (1/15/09 11:38 AM) Reply
Very helpful review! Thank you for all the details, and the link to Kay Y's tutorial. I am still mystified by the fly front, but hopefully someday....
nglalala said... (1/15/09 11:27 AM) Reply
Very nice!
EleanorSews said... (1/15/09 10:43 AM) Reply
Very nice fit. This pattern might just have to go on my list since we seem to have similar numbers, including height. Your review is wonderfully thorough.
Patti B said... (1/15/09 10:31 AM) Reply
Wow, the pants are great! They look as good inside as out -- very nice. Excellent review and I look forward to your tutorial on this type of zipper insertion.
Sigrid. said... (1/15/09 9:36 AM) Reply
Looking very good. Great result on the details.
wendlesue said... (1/15/09 9:30 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this VERY VERY helpful review. Nice fit on those pants. I would have shied away from them if I had not seen them looking so gorgeious on a real bod. Now I am going to try them!
nellc said... (1/15/09 8:03 AM) Reply
Great looking trousers, I like the way you extended the zip into the waistband, I may try this when I make these again. Thanks for the link to the welt pocket tutorial, it is very helpful.
Mermie said... (1/15/09 7:58 AM) Reply
Very helpful review and I think your pants look great on you.
Sewliz said... (1/15/09 7:50 AM) Reply
Fabulous pants and fabulous review!
MissCelie said... (1/15/09 7:40 AM) Reply
These pants look really good with some fun details. I think I kinda love them!
Nancy K said... (1/15/09 7:28 AM) Reply
Great pants!
Natasha B said... (1/15/09 2:43 AM) Reply
I think the pants look great! This pattern seems excellent and your pair fit beautifully. Your changes to the flare work well - I'll keep that in mind as I'm only a teeny bit taller than you.
Elona said... (1/15/09 2:33 AM) Reply
The pants look great. But it looks to me as though your adjustment of the back crotch didn't so much cater to the effects of gravity as it imitated the normal Burda curve there. Burda leaves a place to sit on. Lots of pants patterns do not provide that.
Diana M said... (1/15/09 2:27 AM) Reply
Wow -- thanks for a VERY helpful review. Those pants look great -- impressive that a well-porportioned pattern can override the thought that "I can't wear that style." Nice job!
Vonnevo said... (1/15/09 1:38 AM) Reply