Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1082 (MISSES' SKIRT)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

About Karen6790starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:1/7/09 11:54 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

annamm said... (4/20/11 7:59 PM) Reply
I like what you've done to the yoke.
Yvonski said... (7/4/09 4:26 PM) Reply
How nice of you to pass on your sewing.
petro said... (1/18/09 2:49 PM) Reply
I think this looks rather good in the photo. I'm part way through doing the straight version and having doubts, mainly about the way the front shaping seems to bag out the area over the stomach - not something I want to accentuate.
OlindaM said... (1/12/09 11:37 AM) Reply
I think it a really flattering shape and clever use of fabric - clever you and well done! You have a very lucky co worker!
nicegirl said... (1/9/09 11:03 AM) Reply
Too bad this ended up a wadder! It is obviously well made and the design is interesting. I agree with persevering that if you gave it time you might warm to it, but if you'd feel better having it out of your possession your co-worker is about to get lucky.
MammaJamma said... (1/8/09 10:07 PM) Reply
I think the contrast insertion is very innovative. It looks like leather to me. I think that would be an interesting detail to follow up with. We always learn something, don't we?
katie lynne said... (1/8/09 5:02 PM) Reply
Love this skirt and your use of the plaid in this way. So effective. Cool how you inserted the contrast panel piece of dark brown. This looks like it would be a very flattering silhouette. It feels Retro and Fashion Forward at the same time. I'm so sorry you don't care for it; I think its a winner!
Tiner W said... (1/8/09 4:09 PM) Reply
Wow! I live the contrasting panel! I see what you mean about the plaid, but what a stunning idea!
Luckylibbet said... (1/8/09 12:23 PM) Reply
I'm with you Karen - I like the skirt, but I do NOT like that fabric in that skirt. I agree, in the plaid the side panels look - um - ??? Hopefully co-worker will like it.
sew42mom said... (1/8/09 12:05 PM) Reply
I agree with the others - this is stunning!
craftylady66 said... (1/8/09 10:53 AM) Reply
I think it's stunning, too!
persevering said... (1/8/09 0:17 AM) Reply
Seeing your skirt, my first impression was - Stunning! What an original! So after reading your review I thought - whenever I try on something different than I'm used too, I never like it - but it I'm "stuck with it" either because it is a gift from someone I treasure so I wear it or I bought it because it was such a good deal and its merits were too good and someone I trusted (even a total stranger who has no motive to agree with me) really liked it on me - I later even much later - (and many compliments from others) am quite pleased with it. So maybe this is what is happening to you too - this is just a different look than you are used to. And it is a Stunner!!

By Hand London Georgia Dress