Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5247 (Fashion Express)

Reviewed by:jannw

About jannwstarstarstarstar
WA USA
Member since: 9/3/06
Posted on:1/10/09 5:28 PM
Last Updated:2/7/09 8:20 PM

MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (2/9/09 3:27 PM) Reply
I like the top the way it is, too. I'm sorry I didn't say that first. Those pleats/gathers are pretty fashionable. I can't tell you how many times i've done something similar with respect to lining up the shoulder seams and not having the pieces fit in the front and sometimes the back. It was a great rescue on your part!
jannw said... (2/8/09 11:27 PM) Reply
To MaryLynn..Thank you for your comment..it is coherent..all I could think was having the seams line up..My brain wasn't working..I did have enough material left so I could have cut the front collar longer and still aligned the shoulder seams and avoided stretching the front out..lesson learned..its a great pattern and I've got a dress in the works..jan
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (2/8/09 6:53 PM) Reply
I love this pattern. Just a note...pinning the first collar shoulder seam to shoulder seam doesn't divide the fabric evenly, even in a high, round neck. There is more distance around the front neck than the back. If you fold on the center back and the center front to 'halve' the top, you can then fold that in half (so the top is folded in quarters) to see where the halfway mark is on the sides. Is that coherent?
Ody said... (1/14/09 11:36 PM) Reply
OK, so the first blouse you garden in and now you have it down pat. I think it is a darling top.
Christas said... (1/12/09 5:07 PM) Reply
Very cute top!
sewtime said... (1/12/09 12:07 PM) Reply
Wow!! And it is such a cute top!!
Peacock Chic said... (1/12/09 0:07 AM) Reply
Wow that top really caught my eye. I love the collar. Thanks for the great review!
Diana M said... (1/10/09 8:17 PM) Reply
It looks really nice on the hanger LOL -- sorry it didn't work out for you.

Lutterloh Lutterloh supp 1986 #4