Pattern Reviews> Decades of Style> 3005 (1930s Butterfly Blouse)

Reviewed by:carolynw

About carolynwstarstarstar
Member since: 3/19/05
Posted on:1/11/09 9:53 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
SandraB said... (6/24/09 9:35 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful blouse Clin.
Karen8320 said... (1/27/09 11:18 PM) Reply
Clin, only you know what is and what isn't for you. In the photo, it looks quite lovely and I'm sure a gentle breeze would make those sleeves flutter gently (and I'm not implying like bats' wings either!) I hope you are able to wear it out sometime.
Birgitte said... (1/12/09 7:36 PM) Reply
LOL! You paint a pretty picture, Clin! I actually considered this blouse at one time but the sleeves made me think twice. I can't think of anyone wearing this without flapping their arms around a lot to make sure people can see they have a figure :)) Maybe you could bring it along on the next cruise- as a dancer I can tell you it would be wonderfully dramatic on the floor ;) Just loved this review, thank you!
ITAdmin said... (1/12/09 7:20 PM) Reply
Well, what can I say? I think it's pretty, but we can't wear clothes that interfere with the necessities of life. I bet the sleeves would present a problem in restaurants and buffet lines, too. Thanks for pointing out that pattern website; it looks interesting. I'm going to check it out.
carolynw said... (1/12/09 9:04 AM) Reply
Sue I did try the shoulder pads - I have to wear them in just about everything so your suggestion is A1. May try them again when I am a little more positive about this blouse - right now I am still on the "nice pattern but not for me" stage
Peggy L said... (1/12/09 8:50 AM) Reply
Very light and airy looking! Great review - its always helpful to know when a pattern doesn't suit a particular body type (or age group!).
moushka said... (1/12/09 1:53 AM) Reply
Oh, Clin, I had to laugh at your description - that's exactly what it would look like on me. It's a lovely style but I agree it needs strong shoulders. I think it would be flattering on a Katherine Hepburn-like figure, to soften all the angles, but if you're already soft and curvy, you need a little more structure. I'll bet small shoulder pads would make a world of difference, but not everyone likes wearing them. Maybe worth a try, though, before you discard it. Thanks for a great review. Sue
Heatherrique said... (1/11/09 9:30 PM) Reply
It's a bird, it's a plane.....No, it's really the gorgeous Super Clin! I really like the top and from my perspective looks lovely on you! I really appreciate your very timely, informative, and entertaining review....I have this pattern somewhere....
BetsyV said... (1/11/09 7:26 PM) Reply
Thank you for the important wearability note! Sometimes we forget we actually have to do everything else in our spiffy new clothes!
Kay Y said... (1/11/09 4:05 PM) Reply
I'd have to see a picture of you with your arms down to see if I would agree about the blouse on you - super-Clin looks good in it, I think. It would be so pretty with a flowy white skirt or palazzo pants.
michellep74 said... (1/11/09 2:34 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty blouse...I hope it "grows" on you after it's had a chance to age a bit and you've been away from it for a little while.
Annette1 said... (1/11/09 12:21 PM) Reply
Well, what I want to know is where's the bathroom picture (although I must admit I'm not having any trouble envisioning it). :o))) This is SOOOO pretty! I know exactly what you mean though about wimpy shoulders. Just call me "Wimpy." I still think you should keep it around for a while, in case you change your mind, it's turned out so beautifully.
mastdenman said... (1/11/09 11:20 AM) Reply
Ohhh, pretty. I love these kinds of retro clothes.

Understanding Wool Fabrics