Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 630 (Pleat Front Dress)

Reviewed by:Sewing Chick

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
wendalia said... (7/12/14 11:25 PM) Reply
links to pic don't work
Bernie R. said... (6/25/10 1:11 PM) Reply
I think I'll buy this pattern based on this review. It's exactly what I was hoping for!
Cultured Purl said... (3/16/10 6:46 PM) Reply
I am looking for a very nice dress to make out of some lovely fabric I bought from CJ, and am thinking about this one or the wrap dress,,,this one IS gorgeous! Thinking about cutting one out soon, thanks for the review ~ being a " returning seamstress" I see there are SO many different kinds of knits and they all make such a huge difference in how it affects your pattern~ basically I have come down to this, if I have some older ( stash) cotton interlock I use a TNT kwik sew, if I get newer fabric I use CJs BW 2 , its pretty simple to me ,but I am now thinking dresses and this is SO tempting!!!!
Cultured Purl said... (3/16/10 6:46 PM) Reply
strongnow said... (11/20/09 7:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have been eyeing this pattern for a while but I think it is now time to get it and start sewing.
spirithorse said... (10/9/09 4:54 PM) Reply
I appreciated your review. I am scheduled to take a class with Christine soon and I think I will choose this pattern.
Sewing Chick said... (6/17/09 9:11 AM) Reply
Yes, it would be tricky to nurse and wear this dress! However, I highly recommend it. I have not made another one, but will probably turn to this pattern several more times. I think it is highly under rated.
AnnS said... (6/16/09 8:36 AM) Reply
I have it but I'm still nursing my daughter and had a good laugh at trying to get her under or in it to feed! I tried it on at Christine's studio and agree - it's a super flattering dress!
nancy2001 said... (1/15/09 0:52 AM) Reply
Lovely dress.
JulieR said... (1/15/09 0:48 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern as soon as I saw it but became concerned that no one had reviewed it. You've inspired me to get on with sewing it.
Sewing Chick said... (1/14/09 9:01 AM) Reply
Renren, I used the cd's from Jean Haas (dressform designs website) in making it out of duct tape. The second dvd demonstrates how to make the stand out of pvc pipe. I have made a form for me and for my daughter. I couldn't live without either of them! Well worth the effort.
Marilyn N. said... (1/14/09 1:03 AM) Reply
This dress looks beautiful! I have a pretty knit that might be perfect for this pattern. Thanks for the review!
Seaspur said... (1/13/09 11:29 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I didn't even realize this pattern existed until now, must remember to check her site more often.
renren said... (1/13/09 10:59 PM) Reply
Nice dress, beautiful fabric! I have two CJ patterns, but have not sewn them yet. I am very interested in your dress form. Is that a PVC pipe stand? I started a duct tape form last year, but have yet to finish it and mount it on a stand. Can you give any details, please?
renren said... (1/13/09 10:59 PM) Reply