Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 714 (Cross Your Heart Top and V-Nec)

Reviewed by:nancy2001

About nancy2001starstarstarstar
Member since: 12/3/05
Posted on:1/14/09 6:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 34 people

Sweater knit fabrics

lorrwill said... (3/10/12 3:08 AM) Reply
This looks way better than the illustration. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing how you did it. This so gorgeous. LOVE the detail with the coverstitch.
Sew4Fun said... (6/12/09 5:21 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top! I'm thinking of sewing it so thanks for the helpful review.
fiddlestick chic said... (4/6/09 8:30 AM) Reply
Thanks for the good review ~ I will be purchasing this pattern now. I think the princess look opens up the versatility of this pattern allowing it to be worn with a dressy pair of slacks or skirt rather than casually as I think the Jalie V neck does . Don't get me wrong I LOVE Jalie patterns but some of the CJ patterns offer me more dress clothing which is what I happen to need at the moment. Just got back into sewing after taking a 10 yr break and this is the reason why. Dont want to spend tons of money on dresses ! ( we have lots of weddings to go to and I dont want to spend a fortune on my clothing!) I very much appreciate all your reviews and LOVE this top that you made!
nancy2001 said... (1/16/09 10:53 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for the generous compliments.
CSM--Carla said... (1/15/09 10:08 PM) Reply
This is an elegant, classy V-neck, Nancy!!! Your patience to obtain perfect seams always amazes me. If I was buying patterns, this would be the one I would go for! Thanks for sharing your techniques and sources--as always very thorough--AND tempting!! Carla
Obrooks770 said... (1/15/09 9:52 PM) Reply
Very pretty top, the fabric is beautiful. I love red! Great detail in your review, nice job.
Beek said... (1/15/09 5:40 PM) Reply
What a great looking V-neck. It is perfectly constructed. The quality of your execution makes this top look quite expensive.
Karendee said... (1/15/09 5:04 PM) Reply
I love this style and the top is so beautifully made. Thanks for the thorough review; yours are always so helpful and interesting.
katie lynne said... (1/15/09 2:43 PM) Reply
Absolutely Beautiful! With all that you did, I'll bet it looks stunning on you! Thanks for such a detailed review. It really helps me.
babsi1111 said... (1/15/09 5:56 AM) Reply
Stunning top and very helpful review!
JamieLiz said... (1/15/09 5:55 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Thanks for the closeup shot and detailed review.
knitlitcamper said... (1/15/09 3:01 AM) Reply
lovely!
poplin said... (1/15/09 0:14 AM) Reply
I love your reviews, nancy2001! Great looking top too!
Lori V said... (1/14/09 11:06 PM) Reply
Very pretty.
Annette1 said... (1/14/09 10:41 PM) Reply
This REALLY looks nice! I recently bought the pattern myself. :o)
Frozzy said... (1/14/09 10:36 PM) Reply
Fab as usual - your reviews are so fun as there are always extra special details added to your projects. Another pattern I've gotta have!
Em's Summer said... (1/14/09 9:40 PM) Reply
Oh Nancy! This is truly a beautiful top! I love it!!! You did a fantastic job!
sewtime said... (1/14/09 8:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful top!! Love the color and a great sewing job!!
kathleencramer said... (1/14/09 8:33 PM) Reply
Wow! Fabulous top! I've already put this pattern on my wish list as I really like the Cross my heart offered! What a pattern.
marec said... (1/14/09 8:23 PM) Reply
ohhh, really nice. I love the sleek and subtle details.
Kay Y said... (1/14/09 8:18 PM) Reply
I can see why you were anxious to get your hands on this pattern - it's really lovely looking!
Barbara3 said... (1/14/09 8:13 PM) Reply
Nancy, I agree with all of the wonderful compliments on your top - It really is a keeper! Those muslins certainly paid off in a beautifully constructed and fitting top. I also appreciate the information you provided on how this pattern compares to the Jalie 2682 V-neck, and on how you approached fitting and construction. Love the addition of coverstitching!
rebija said... (1/14/09 8:11 PM) Reply
Very informative review. Thank you for the extra detail and links. I'm almost tempted to try knits again (smile). Beautiful, beautiful garment!
Christas said... (1/14/09 7:52 PM) Reply
Your top looks very lovely. You did a beautiful job of sewing it! Pretty color, too!
shesflipped said... (1/14/09 7:48 PM) Reply
What a beautiful top! The coverstitching is fantastic looking, and the color is so fresh and vibrant. I love Jalie #2682~so your reference to this being similar has sold me. I'm ordering it now!
Gelbean said... (1/14/09 7:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I love the lines and the coverstitch details and it is perfect in red!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/14/09 7:17 PM) Reply
I also love the coverstitch detail. Great hint about the steam-a-seam to hold the hem in place. Beautiful top in a rich color.
Vintage Joan said... (1/14/09 7:15 PM) Reply
Very, very nice. :) Thanks for the reminder about Christine Jonson patterns. She definitely has some nice things.
Patti B said... (1/14/09 7:09 PM) Reply
What's not to love about this top? It looks like it has the changes I need for the Jalie w/o the effort!
SueV said... (1/14/09 7:02 PM) Reply
i like the coverstitch on the front. Nice review. thanks
Mahogany Stylist said... (1/14/09 6:54 PM) Reply
Great looking top!
mhk3boys said... (1/14/09 6:45 PM) Reply
This shirt looks really great and love how you showed a pic of the Coverpro.

by: French.Sea...