Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8503 (MISSES' TUNIC AND PANTS)

Reviewed by:Helen near Sydney

About Helen near Sydneystarstarstar
NSW Australia
Member since: 10/21/05
Posted on:1/17/09 9:12 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
blue mooney said... (4/5/10 3:19 PM) Reply
What a nice version of this top! I had this all ready to cut out and thought I'd better read the reviews first. I was having my doubts, but your considered opinion makes me think I'll proceed with the scissors! Thanks!
carolynw said... (1/18/09 10:17 AM) Reply
Very nice - I actually like the print - looks good on you
Jane S said... (1/18/09 9:32 AM) Reply
I love how your two versions are so different...shows your creative flare. I have this pattern in the fitting stages and agree that the bottom panels need more 'swing " and the top needs more cverage. Thanks for inspiring me to go back to it this spring.
Helen near Sydney said... (1/18/09 4:41 AM) Reply
Freya, the fabric came from Tezsuti's, my all-time favourite fabric shop in Sydney. Not cheap though so stock up at sale time!
Helen near Sydney said... (1/18/09 4:39 AM) Reply
Peggy L said... (1/18/09 4:00 AM) Reply
Your top looks really nice. I like the fabric - looks very "fresh".
FreyaStark said... (1/18/09 3:29 AM) Reply
A stylish and distinctive garment. Well done. Where did you get the fabric?
renren said... (1/18/09 0:54 AM) Reply
Thanks for all of these details. I paid particular attention to how you used a 16 instead of a 20 but increased at the CF to accomodate your figure. I am still trying to figure out my size; every time I make a 20 or 22 per measurements, I end up taking the seams in quite a bit. It's all due to my thick waist/rounded tummy. You've got me thinking now . . . Also, didn't know about the rayon thread so thanks there, too. And this is a nice top--you might feel like the bubbles are wearing you, but from my perspective it looks balanced and very pretty.
frame said... (1/17/09 10:06 PM) Reply
I love your version of this pattern. Definitely agree that more than 3 buttons are needed.
sewtime said... (1/17/09 9:29 PM) Reply
Love your top, your choice in material for this top is perfect! Cute!

Petite Plus V202 VHS

Petite Plus V202 VHS

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)