Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5827 (Child's Dress)

Reviewed by:CathyWeeks

About CathyWeeksstar
Member since: 9/5/08
Posted on:1/21/09 11:15 AM
Last Updated:1/21/09 11:22 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

fiddlestick chic said... (7/29/09 10:10 AM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern as it will fit 3 of my 4 grandaughter's for matching Christmas dresses. ( starting in July just to be sure) Couldent believe when I went to JoAnne's for the .99 Simplicity pattern sale it was scheduled to be discontinued so I ended up paying full price on PR. Ok with me ,b/c I will use this pattern many time for many varied dresses, even do up sleeveless in summer. I LOVE the twirling the girls do and am looking at putting petticoats ( is that what you call them??.I had boys!) so they feel really special. I also looked on your photo slide and noticed the hats you made for presents. I think I will do that also, keep Christmas in check here. Lots of people to buy for now! Thanks for the great review and picts, it sold me on the pattern as I didn't want a lot of gathering at the top for my 7yr old GD , this pattern works well for a 3 yr old, a 5 yrd old and a 7 yr old. I will start now with a back to school dress for each girl( nursery school for the 3 yr old is back to school too!) As always I keep knitting little vests for the boys,,,,,,
Mahler said... (1/22/09 9:22 PM) Reply
If I buy the pattern, do I get a lovely little girl like that ? ;-) Both dresses are wonderful !
Christas said... (1/21/09 9:58 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! Both versions are wonderful. The twirl factor is sure to make these dresses the favorites of your beautiful little girl!
sewtime said... (1/21/09 6:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress on a beautiful little girl, Love the details and the color!
lilyofthevalley said... (1/21/09 5:50 PM) Reply
Cathy, what a lovely little jewel of emerald for your beautiful little redhead. She looks heavenly, Lily
WL said... (1/21/09 4:49 PM) Reply
Cathy, I love what you did with this pattern. I've seen the pattern a couple of times, but just blew right by it because I thought it looked rather blah. But yours are so cute, I think I will add it to my collection the next time there is a sale (I'm in MN too and I love the flannel version!)
CathyWeeks said... (1/21/09 2:35 PM) Reply
Kay, I had to laugh. When I made the dress, all I thought was - "that's a cute pattern, and this fabric will be pretty on her." I didn't even consider the ah, LACK of skin showing. However, it's winter in Minnesota - other than perhaps wearing stuff form fitting, most kids this age WANT to stay covered up. Even at the middle school, where I occasionally substitute, this seems to be true.
Kay Romo said... (1/21/09 2:03 PM) Reply
So cute! All RTW I have seen lately try to make 7year olds look like sexpots. Good job.
SewLil said... (1/21/09 1:20 PM) Reply
I especially like the green flannel version. I enjoyed your informative review.
Elona said... (1/21/09 12:39 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress--on an extraordinarily beautiful child! I can see why she would love that twirly skirt.

by: KamiSue2