Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5105 (Woman's top)

Reviewed by:Pinkytoo

About Pinkytoostarstarstar
NV USA
Member since: 6/23/06
Posted on:1/21/09 11:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
VelmaRooster said... (1/23/09 10:32 AM) Reply
This shirt looks great on you. Your reviews are always very interesting, too! Am currently working on this pattern myself. I hope mine turns out as well (my first time with it). P.S. I WANT that dress pattern!
Elona said... (1/22/09 12:48 PM) Reply
Boy, the top fits you well! I can see why this is your TNT pattern, and I love the fabric. It reminds me of the very nice printed knits that used to be so easy to find.
nicegirl said... (1/22/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Yay for stash! The fabric is totally in style again. Maybe I shouldn't worry about letting my stash age so long...
AnneMarie60 said... (1/22/09 10:32 AM) Reply
Great job on your neck binding. I just sewed two Jalie T-shirts, but my neck binding didn't behave well on either top. Talk about frustration. I love your vintage fabric!
wildberrymom said... (1/22/09 9:10 AM) Reply
Great shirt! I would prefer a binding to a facing as well. You'll look great on the Fourth!
mssewcrazy said... (1/22/09 8:23 AM) Reply
I have some fabric that old that is in perfect shape as well. How nice to have a well fitting tnt pattern - thankfully this pattern is lingering in the cabinet after someone else reviewed it here as a brand name knockoff. Thanks for showing us your tnt shirt.
Annette1 said... (1/22/09 0:28 AM) Reply
I'm not sure how this pattern escaped my notice (as I see it's now out of print), but it certainly makes up into a great top! WONDERFUL use of your 30-year-old fabric. :o)
Christas said... (1/22/09 0:24 AM) Reply
Wow! Thirty year old fabric??? That is amazing. It still makes a nice MODERN top! Looks great.
renren said... (1/22/09 0:23 AM) Reply
Very nice and congrats on your first Stash review! Go Stashers '09!
Ody said... (1/21/09 11:41 PM) Reply
I remember that fabric! I think I had some of it! Cute top, and you got the fit great.

No Pattern Used kid's backpack