Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8536 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:nfield

About nfieldstar
Member since: 12/31/06
Posted on:1/23/09 7:33 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people

CarolynGM said... (6/26/09 6:58 AM) Reply
I have made this top too and love it. Great work on getting it to fit you perfectly.
Carynharbour said... (6/25/09 12:12 PM) Reply
I have now made this twice, and granted I am a novice sewer, the neckline is giving me fits! I can't get it to lay flat - can you tell me what might help this? I love your detailed review! Thank you so much, Caryn
nancy2001 said... (1/30/09 2:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful top.
ZoeP said... (1/30/09 8:19 AM) Reply
Love your t-shirt. I am having the same issue with the neck being too big on my size. I will see if your trick of a smaller size on the front will work. Thank you
pfaffkj said... (1/29/09 3:35 PM) Reply
This sounds like THE top pattern to have. You've done a wonderful job. Thanks for the review.
Mufffet said... (1/26/09 1:12 PM) Reply
Lovely. :)
nfield said... (1/24/09 3:09 PM) Reply
thanks all for the nice comment. Rhoda, my waist gives me fits, so always trying to camouflage it:) My hairdresser says I am low maintenance!! Not sure about the fBA.(unsure how to do that)I have a broad back and a 38B bra size. 14 on the front and 16 on the back seems to work.
Rhoda K said... (1/24/09 2:15 PM) Reply
A VERY good review and a very pretty top. I think you have my body (and hair ;-))! Since this has gathers on the side bust, I'm thinking a FBA could be eliminated??
Karine said... (1/24/09 8:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful job. Thanks so much for all of your explanations and pics on your alterations - very helpful! I can see why you plan to sew this again - you have a great pattern here.
Dmd4106 said... (1/24/09 0:18 AM) Reply
Great fitting top!
Dee2 said... (1/23/09 11:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful top--the fit looks great. Thanks for the excellent illustrations & fitting tips.
wildberrymom said... (1/23/09 10:25 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful holiday top and looks great on you! Good job!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/23/09 9:35 PM) Reply
Excellent review! I will use your ideas when I sew my next knit top. I have a few not-quite-right muslins already. I love the rich color of your top. You look great!
Diana M said... (1/23/09 9:24 PM) Reply
What a perfect description of "how and why to make a muslin." You ended up with a great top, and a TNT pattern. Very nice.
Elona said... (1/23/09 8:23 PM) Reply
You got a beautiful result, lovely fit! What a nice outcome for all the thought you put into your effort.
mars418 said... (1/23/09 8:17 PM) Reply
Great fit! Love the fabric combination.
sewtime said... (1/23/09 8:17 PM) Reply
Very pretty!! Fantastic fit, love the color!!

No Pattern Used self designed

by: HelenM01

Ultrasuede Jacket DVD

Ultrasuede Jacket DVD

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)