Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Other> Cotton Theory (Pinetree Plaid)

Reviewed by:PixieCat

About PixieCatstar
OH USA
Member since: 5/5/04
Posted on:1/29/09 7:46 PM

renren said... (1/31/09 11:26 AM) Reply
I had no idea there was another way to quilt, and I think this bits and pieces way is very appealing to the way I do things--it kind of breaks up what seems like an impossible undertaking into manageable parts. Love Betty Cotton's name and I think you, PixieCat, are sew subversive! You've written a really helpful review and have definitely piqued my interest in quilting (a previously almost non-existent interest).
Honeyface said... (1/30/09 8:08 PM) Reply
I just started a baby quilt and think I could use this idea instead of the dreaded sandwich and freemotion quilt thing which I'm not so good at! Thanks, good review!
heathercampbell29 said... (1/30/09 6:34 PM) Reply
LOVE IT! great job. I'm actually going to try this out, because I always feel like I have such a hard time quilting a finished quilt on my non-long-arm machine in a way that I like. Quilting smaller blocks and then assembling sounds cool. Good work on finishing your UFO.
AnneMarie60 said... (1/29/09 8:54 PM) Reply
Your quilt looks great. I have watched the NZ episodes with Betty Cotton many times, but I wasn't quite sure I was sold on her quilting method. However, I love what you've done here, and the narrative of your process and slight design change has piqued my interest. Please include an update to this review after the auction.
Patti B said... (1/29/09 8:19 PM) Reply
What a great job you did! It will really appeal to the fans at the auction. It's a fun method and I like your 'backing rebellion!'

Ralph Pink Basic Swimsuit Block