Pattern Reviews> Green Pepper> 522 (Beret, Mt. and scrap caps)

Review submitted in 2012 Fabric Stash Contest Contest

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Bonnie123 said... (1/25/12 3:10 PM) Reply
Very nice!
Aroura said... (1/13/12 3:31 PM) Reply
These Green Pepper patterns are so interesting! Also, thank for the tips on stitching.
Janie Viers said... (10/27/03 6:10 PM) Reply
I used my straight stitch for all seams except the zig zag to flatten the seams. They advocate a "stretch" stitch, but I have found that If I stretch the fabric as I sew a long straight stitch works great (I have used a zig zag that was the smalled one I could get, and it looked much like a regular straight stitch) As far as using my serger....why bother. The darn fleece dulls the blades on the serger that it isn't worth it. Plus I do like less thread rather than more thread when sewing polar fleece
clc said... (10/26/03 10:14 AM) Reply
These look great, Janie. Did you use a serger or a sewing machine to make these? If sewing machine, which stitch did you use?
SouthernStitch said... (10/26/03 8:43 AM) Reply
Wow, how snazzy! I have some polar cheetah print... great idea here, thanks, oh and btw yours looks just great!
Diane E said... (10/25/03 10:45 AM) Reply
OOOh, Janie, these are fun! Wow! 20! I am amazed and impressed. I love Green Pepper. The polar socks are a great way to use stretchy fleece scraps, too.
MaryBeth said... (10/25/03 9:22 AM) Reply
I'm loving seeing these Green Pepper reviews you've done. The line drawings at the pattern site are so utilitarian that I don't think of fashion fabrics like leopard prints. Thanks for bringing this pattern company up for us to see.
AnneM said... (10/25/03 8:28 AM) Reply
20! Yikes. I like the scrap hat idea. Your hat (& matching scarf) look very nice. I don't think I've seen a polar fleece beret before; I rather like the look.
Katharine in BXL said... (10/25/03 3:42 AM) Reply
OMG, you made 20! What a production! Thx for the tip on this great pattern. Most of us are heading for winter so it's welcome news. Yesterday it snowed for 4 hours here in the Netherlands! Is that leopard print fleece? It looks more like a faux fur. Very snazzy!

SewBaby Snappy Wrap Pattern