Pattern Reviews> McCall's> M5752 (The Perfect Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:Eme

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
sophiepontouf said... (11/15/14 5:47 PM) Reply
Lovely!
chucklehead said... (7/4/09 7:10 PM) Reply
The dress, and you are beautiful. I have been asked before if I buy my white tights in bulk. Grr...
Knitters Delight said... (4/15/09 2:01 PM) Reply
You have me nervous... I have already cut out the pieces, but thought it looked like it might be a bit confusing. Despite how it seems, your dress does look gorgeous on you.
Meggie LuLu said... (2/7/09 10:18 AM) Reply
What a BEAUTIFUL dress!! You look STUNNING!!
moushka said... (2/7/09 2:27 AM) Reply
Don't know how much red you have in your wardrobe, but I'd move that colour to the front. You look sensational in that dress! Sorry it was such a misery but the results are fantastic. Wear it with pride and strut your stuff. As to the supposed fifteen pounds, nope - don't see 'em.
CatMukai said... (2/6/09 10:53 PM) Reply
I don't know where you're carrying the 15 lbs, you look great!
JamieLiz said... (2/6/09 4:49 PM) Reply
I think it looks great, Eme! And good job on persisting thru to the finish despite the difficulties. It made for a great review.
ryan's mom said... (2/6/09 3:13 PM) Reply
I love it! It makes me want to run out and buy this pattern.
CurlyCrafter said... (2/6/09 2:56 PM) Reply
That's too bad about the fussiness of the pattern. I think you look beautiful though. It's such a flattering dress and is so unique.
CShelley said... (2/6/09 11:59 AM) Reply
My first thought on seeing the photo was 'WOW! That's a winner!' but I can see from the review that it had challenges. I have this pattern in my stash and still intend on making it as it looks so great on you.
Jali said... (2/6/09 10:57 AM) Reply
This definitely doesn't look okay. It looks terrific. You brighten up the wintry day around you.
daff said... (2/6/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Wow, I never would have known you had so many issues making this dress. It looks smokin'! What a hot mom!
Deepika said... (2/6/09 9:12 AM) Reply
Look ok? Looks HOT! Even though it seems you had a really tough time with this dress I am glad you finished it and are able to wear it. Some patterns are like that. Nightmare to sew but when they are done, you're glad you did it. You'll probably not sew it again but atleast you have a great dress in your closet! Check out the TS Madison Avenue Dress. I love it!
eugenia123 said... (2/6/09 8:38 AM) Reply
Very interesting to read about your problems with this dress but it really does look fantastic on you and I love the colour choice
pfaffkj said... (2/6/09 8:36 AM) Reply
Your dress is lovely. Since you worked so hard on it, maybe you'll like it more as time passes. It does lood great on you. And your review was wonderful. Thanks
Darla in PA said... (2/6/09 8:25 AM) Reply
The dress looks wonderful on you! Pins and all. Thanks for all the views.
Nancy K said... (2/6/09 7:42 AM) Reply
It looks great in the photos, but gaping necklines are just not fun to wear! I have a real problem with the instructions on knits in almost all the pattern companies, so don't be so quick to blame yourself. A great color on you.
donna mel said... (2/6/09 7:29 AM) Reply
beautiful dress on you - take it out for a nice dinner! thanks for all the photos, it really help to see the dress from every angle.
KateS said... (2/6/09 4:37 AM) Reply
This dress- and the colour- looks sensational on you!!! (Extra 15 lb what extra 15lb????). Fantatsic, though I can understand you not wanting to sew it again after reading your review.
Heidi Ho said... (2/5/09 11:31 PM) Reply
I think the dress looks fantastic on you! I was about to put this on my list after seeing the photo but after reading the review I'm not so sure.
Elona said... (2/5/09 10:49 PM) Reply
The dress looks terrific on you--very becoming. The white legs would be seen as tremendously attractive in a past era, too. But I am with you on that double-layer, self-lined midriff thing. It is difficult to work with when the fabric has any body at all, and it can be unflattering to those who are top-heavy (as I am). I suppose it's the pattern companies' effort to get around facings or bindings, but I am not in love with it.
sewbehind said... (2/5/09 10:43 PM) Reply
This dress looks wonderful on you. I see NO leftover baby weight at all!
renren said... (2/5/09 10:14 PM) Reply
You look lovely in this dress and I am thinking you might end up really liking the dress. From what I can see it is gorgeous.
Lori V said... (2/5/09 10:08 PM) Reply
I think the dress looks fantastic on you.
Honeyface said... (2/5/09 10:02 PM) Reply
That was a really helpful review and I'm crossing this one off my wish list because I just don't want to mess with it. However, you look absolutely fantastic in this dress and it's really an eye catcher!
Jan B. said... (2/5/09 9:39 PM) Reply
This dress looks wonderful on you. Trust the photos!!
Amanda S. said... (2/5/09 8:50 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Great dress for V-day.
solosmocker said... (2/5/09 8:48 PM) Reply
Great review! The dress looks great on you.
Heatherrique said... (2/5/09 8:48 PM) Reply
Very attractive dress on you! Lovely pic of you!
fourkid said... (2/5/09 8:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress - and I love your photo shoot - the colors look great in the photos.
sewtime said... (2/5/09 8:06 PM) Reply
Well from my point of view the dress looks fantastic on you. Very pretty!

by: Sheila457