Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2938 (Dress A)

Reviewed by:Vonnevo

About Vonnevostarstarstarstar
Australia
Member since: 10/25/04
Posted on:2/8/09 3:56 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus

Other Projects by Vonnevo using this Pattern

egreen42 said... (12/2/13 8:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress love the added ties, the fabric is lovely and it fit you perfectly. Excellent review!
Karen8320 said... (2/10/09 8:26 PM) Reply
Lovely work here, Vonne. The fabric is just right for summer and your addition of ties gives it a much more stylish look than a belt. You look great!
Kathi R said... (2/9/09 9:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the info on the excess fabric in the princess seams .... I was just looking at this pattern yesterday, I love the pleats at the neckline. Thanks for the review.
Kay Y said... (2/9/09 9:32 PM) Reply
Your dress is lovely on you! This is one of those sleeper patterns that you skip by until someone, like you, makes it pop!
Kellie R. said... (2/9/09 3:20 PM) Reply
This is GORGEOUS! The fabric is perfect for this! Feminine and drapey. I have this pattern and was excited to see how lovely your dress turned out. Now I want to move this up on my to do list!
LorelleD said... (2/9/09 5:30 AM) Reply
After reading your review I did take a second look at this pattern. The fit on your dress looks really nice, as does the colour of your dress. Very pretty. Thanks for an informative review.
Ody said... (2/9/09 1:34 AM) Reply
Your dress looks better on you than the pattern envelop model. Wonderful fabric. It is the dead of winter here and I am ready to hop on a plane and go where every you are with all the warm weather. Great review and I also want a slide show for my pictures. Excuse the rank all out envy!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (2/8/09 10:54 PM) Reply
Lovely dress Vonne - looks great for this warm summer weather we are having!
Judy Wentz said... (2/8/09 7:22 PM) Reply
Very nice dress.
PatM said... (2/8/09 6:39 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, I like the ties below the bust. Your dress looks better on you then the one on pattern envelope
persevering said... (2/8/09 4:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for explaining what you did to help us - certainly making me see the possibilities where I didn't before.
Schnauzer said... (2/8/09 3:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress Vonne. You look gorgeous!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/8/09 3:09 PM) Reply
Vonne, you look very pretty indeed in your Summery dress, and I too love the additions of the ties to control the volume ... very smart and stylish. Lovely, Lily
Rhoda K said... (2/8/09 2:05 PM) Reply
Love the dress, fabric and your thorough review!
ALY said... (2/8/09 1:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. It looks so nice on you. I love the red silk print.
cindyann said... (2/8/09 12:34 PM) Reply
I love it!
Ann Smith said... (2/8/09 12:04 PM) Reply
Looks lovely. I really like the idea of the sewn in ties instead of a tie belt. Much more polished looking.
Diane E said... (2/8/09 11:50 AM) Reply
What a pretty dress and I love your photos. The garden gate provides such a beautiful rustic contrast to the ladylike quality of the fit and fabric. And yes, I'll bet they pegged the skirt for the photo shoot ;)
Peggy L said... (2/8/09 11:45 AM) Reply
Gorgeous - and a great review.
kimmielovesparis said... (2/8/09 11:22 AM) Reply
Wow! Very impressive. I have this pattern as well...will have to give it a try.
Beek said... (2/8/09 10:14 AM) Reply
You are right! I never noticed what a wonderful pattern this is until reading your review. What a great dress. I, too, prefer armhole facings versus bias tape. Nice work!
carolynw said... (2/8/09 10:01 AM) Reply
Looks so nice on you - your usual great work! Thanks for such a helpful review
Christas said... (2/8/09 9:17 AM) Reply
Vonnevo, this looks very nice on you! Thanks so much for all of the fitting details in your review.
Meggie LuLu said... (2/8/09 9:17 AM) Reply
What a CUTE dress!!! I LOVE the neckline pleats!!
JamieLiz said... (2/8/09 8:29 AM) Reply
It's a very pretty dress and a great fit. The fixes you made turned out well, and are very helpful. Thank you!
echolalia said... (2/8/09 8:01 AM) Reply
As always, a fantastic fit, Vonne. Your colour choice is perfect for your dark hair. The Vogue model looks like she is wearing one size too small for her - it is tight across her bust and hips - but you are probably right, pegs do wonders in fashion shoots!
Sigrid. said... (2/8/09 6:25 AM) Reply
Love this dress on you. Perfect fit.
eugenia123 said... (2/8/09 5:43 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and great choice of material. Thanks for thorough review - I have this pattern and your info. re the sizing was very useful.
KateS said... (2/8/09 4:23 AM) Reply
Lovely dress- I like the idea of the added ties! Definately a pattern worth a second look at !

Sewing Workshop Alex & Olive Tops