Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5001 (European Pant)

Reviewed by:Rosie who use to be Rose

About Rosie who use to be Rosestarstar
OH United States
Member since: 10/10/02
Posted on:2/9/09 9:31 AM
Last Updated:3/31/10 4:41 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Michele Lommasson said... (4/4/10 4:27 PM) Reply
Thanks for a good review. I think I'll give these pants a try. I love Loes Hinse patterns, but you're right, I have found some missing alphabet letters on the patterns. Thank goodness the patterns tend to be straightforward and well-drafted.
FreyaStark said... (3/31/10 5:11 PM) Reply
Very nice pants.
Rosie who use to be Rose said... (4/18/09 12:47 PM) Reply
It's a pretty drapy denim. I wouldnt pick out anything too stiff.
Susan J. said... (3/24/09 8:49 AM) Reply
I would not have thought to use denim for a Loes Hinse pant pattern because it tends to be a rather stiff fabric rather than the fabrics with drape which she recommends. Perhaps I'll be more adventurous in my fabric selection. I really like the way this pattern fits but I do like pockets.
CSM--Carla said... (2/10/09 6:08 PM) Reply
Rosie, I like these pants also--though I narrow the legs a bit. Thanks for this great review! Carla
Marilyn N. said... (2/10/09 1:31 AM) Reply
This looks like a very nice pants pattern! Thanks for the helpful tips.
Frozzy said... (2/9/09 2:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warning on this, I have this pattern in my to-do lineup. I'll make sure measure the pattern for length issues. It's so nice to take this knowledge into the sewing room before you start!
Rosie who use to be Rose said... (2/9/09 2:02 PM) Reply
Now that I think about it Barbara, youre right. My pants do look nicer than the ones in the photo :), I guess I'm use to those photos that are so altered by clips and impossible positioning of the model that what I made could never look as good as the one in the photo,
Barbara3 said... (2/9/09 11:14 AM) Reply

Barbara3 said... (2/9/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. Loes Hinse's European Pants are a favorite of mine. That elastic/zipper waist treatment is quite nice, as is the alternate view with elastic waist only. Funny, but I don't always think that Loes's pattern photos reflect how nice her garments actually look when sewn up!
Understanding Interfacings