Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8572 (Pullover Top)

Reviewed by:CTBarb

About CTBarbstar
Member since: 9/19/06
Posted on:2/9/09 12:11 PM
Last Updated:9/26/09 12:23 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
putty said... (9/26/09 11:07 PM) Reply
This review is excellent! Also am using patterns as slopers for other patterns. Shoulder fitting is critical for good fit. Curving in at the side seams creates shape for a fuller/boxy type figure.
carolynw said... (9/26/09 4:34 PM) Reply
Love the top - love the fabric - love the fact that I still have this pattern!! Must use it again - soon
renren said... (4/22/09 10:04 AM) Reply
Looks like a great fit. Thanks for posting this review! Timely for me because I spent yesterday adjusting a New Look top pattern and making notes on the various sizes I will cut out in a few minutes. Like you, I think I need a smaller size than the bust measurement indicates based on things being too big if I go by that measurement. Anyway . . . (deep breath) . . . here goes.
Kellie R. said... (4/22/09 10:03 AM) Reply
What a great looking top! Your fabric is great and really dresses this up. You look fabulous!
SandiMacD said... (4/21/09 9:13 AM) Reply
been looking for this type to flatter and alter for same reasons. Thanks!
valjean said... (3/1/09 8:19 PM) Reply
Today I was sorting through my pattern stash and had already placed this one in my donation box. Your review inspired me to retrieve it. Thanks -- and thanks for the good hint regarding full facings.
Debbie Cook said... (2/26/09 9:43 AM) Reply
Great top. Fitting is a pain, but it's so worth it in the long run. Keep going!
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/25/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Nice shell and great fit.
cecelia said... (2/21/09 9:25 PM) Reply
Yeah, another CT sewer! I really like the style and the way you made it fit so nicely.
Sherril Miller said... (2/21/09 12:22 PM) Reply
Looks like you got the fit just right. Now you can alter this pattern and make many different designs. Change the neck, sleeve, add a yoke, put in some gathers, etc. It's fun!
Annette1 said... (2/13/09 0:19 AM) Reply
VERY nice! This fits you beautifully and the fabric you've chosen is lovely.
mssewcrazy said... (2/10/09 11:27 PM) Reply
Your top is super nice looking. I am easily influenced and happily bought this pattern just now online. I have similar patterns but this might be a better one- worth trying.
tr1c14 said... (2/10/09 6:55 PM) Reply
Very nice job on the fitting! I wish I had the patience to work on something until it got tried n true instead of flitting to something new every time I get anything half done. Seeing what you can do when you stick with it might be what it takes to get me focussed. Thanks!
Dee2 said... (2/10/09 6:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful top. I have this pattern in my stash & you have inspired me to try it!
PeppermintPam said... (2/10/09 4:24 PM) Reply
Great job! This top fits you really well. I too am trying to perfect the fit on my basic wardrobe pieces. The colors in this print are very flattering on you. You look fabulous!
Annette Wright said... (2/10/09 1:53 PM) Reply
Wow, it looks like you have a great fitting t-shirt.
janet said... (2/10/09 12:48 PM) Reply
Nice job on your tops. You look lovely in your picture and I am impressed that you have the patience to alter this basic pattern into a perfectly fitting tried and true pattern.
EleanorSews said... (2/9/09 4:06 PM) Reply
On this one neither your garment nor the pattern would open.
Christas said... (2/9/09 1:34 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket! That fabric is very nice!