Pattern Reviews> McCall's> M5378

Member since: 2/7/07
Posted on:2/13/09 1:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
MadeByMeg said... (1/11/12 7:21 PM) Reply
Hi! Some of us thought it would be fun to get all Bay Area sewists together and plan something fun. I created a meet-up for us to put some events together. If you're interested, join here: http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Sewists/
belleepoque said... (2/19/09 11:57 PM) Reply
thanks so much, all! you know-- the pattern is out of print but I think they still have it for sale on the McCall's website while supplies last if you like it. Promise I don't work for McCall's-- I got my copy on sale at Joann's, I'm just saying it isn't gone forever yet!
Secretsugar said... (2/14/09 1:13 PM) Reply
What a bummer that it's out of print! I was just thinking to myself that this could be a shirtdress pattern that I might actually like because I agree that it does have a vintage feel to it. It's also nice to know that quilting cottons can work for some dress styles because my stash is a bit heavy on this type of fabric. Wonderful dress!
ITAdmin said... (2/14/09 8:15 AM) Reply
Good job on your dress. And I love the fabric. I like to sew with quilting cotton, too.
fourkid said... (2/14/09 4:08 AM) Reply
What a great dress - I saw Erin had it featured on her website too. Love the tapemeasures!!!
Heatherrique said... (2/14/09 0:30 AM) Reply
Such a uniquely gorgeous dress!
Pixie Helen said... (2/14/09 0:28 AM) Reply
ohh so cool. such a great pattern fabric combo. Phooey to that being out of print!
RottenTots said... (2/13/09 9:00 PM) Reply
That is THE BEST fabric! What a cute choice in this very flattering dress.
marec said... (2/13/09 7:19 PM) Reply
I am a shirtdress fanatic and yours is wonderful! The fabric is eye-catching and fun.
Christas said... (2/13/09 6:42 PM) Reply
So cute! This dress is sure to bring a smile to the face of every seamstress seeing it. I love it!
Beek said... (2/13/09 5:23 PM) Reply
What a great dress. I love this fifties style of dress, too. And your fabric is so appropriate for a seamstress!
morzel said... (2/13/09 2:50 PM) Reply
Very nice fabric, very nice dress. I like the white buttons, now it only needs a skinny little white belt with it and its a totally 50's look.
nicolars said... (2/13/09 2:24 PM) Reply
I love this dress! The fabric is simply adorable, I wish I had the skill to make one like this.
crazygrad said... (2/13/09 2:09 PM) Reply