Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> Sewing for Toddlers (Side Seam Pants)

Reviewed by:JustSewCrafty

About JustSewCraftystar
WA USA
Member since: 12/6/02
Posted on:11/2/03 11:33 PM

JustSewCrafty said... (11/6/03 12:35 PM) Reply
Hilary, I use elastic from the bins at the front of the store at JoAnn. It's just the cheap Lastic and it's woven not the non-roll, after you topstitch is will seem stretched out but shrinks back up wonderfully when washed. I do cut the elastic about 1"-1.5" shorter when i am going to topstitch it. The size tags are just little 2T tabs I bought from a source online, but her link doesn't seem active anymore. I have seen them in sewing catalogs, so you might find them there.
Celeste said... (11/5/03 2:27 PM) Reply
Hilary, get the elastic with vertical ribs--see this website, it is great: http://www.ianr.unl.edu/PUBS/textiles/nf412.htm There is an explanation here of the different elastics. There is a nonroll stretch elastic with very strong vertical ribs made by Stretch-Rite, I think. I've used it and sewn thru it and it was just fine. Read the article on the attached website.
Millie said... (11/4/03 10:27 AM) Reply
Very inspiring! I too am looking for pants sized with room enough for cloth diapers. I've given up with RTW for that reason specifically.
JDpenelope said... (11/4/03 8:23 AM) Reply
There's something dear about this picture! And those cute little eyes peeking out from the pink hat at the bottom! Precious. I have this book, need to get back to it.
mudcat said... (11/3/03 9:21 PM) Reply
I don't know why, but seeing the picture of the pants hanging in a row cracked me up. I think I was visualizing the toddler yanking a pair down each day. What a well dressed toddler you'll have.
Hilary said... (11/3/03 2:27 PM) Reply
Wow! your sew prolific! lol~I love this pattern, and have made several of these pants. I jut finished a pair today in olive green corduroy for my 3 yr old DS. I put patch pockets on the outer side legs, about knee height. They are so easy and fast, great pattern. How did you topstitch the elastic? I find that if i topstitch elastic it stretches out and doesn't recover well. What kind of elastic did you use?(braided, non-roll, or special brand? ) Also what did you use to make a sze tag? great idea~ I mark the back w/ a loop of ribbon when i make the casing. Great job on the pants!
Lou. said... (11/3/03 6:40 AM) Reply
Very cute! I love this book!
Pam Z said... (11/3/03 2:24 AM) Reply
Too cute! Going to have to get this book.
Karen Bowers said... (11/2/03 11:56 PM) Reply
they look great! amazing how corduroy takes that pants pattern up a notch! i like the topstitching on the elastic waistband as well.

Other Anne Adams 4799

by: kidmd

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Christine Jonson Double Collar Princess Jacket