Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 103 (Button Front Blouse)

Reviewed by:rejoyce

About rejoycestar
AK United States
Member since: 4/4/07
Posted on:2/23/09 0:49 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus
fourkid said... (2/26/09 11:49 AM) Reply
I went ahead and bought this pattern - can't wait to sew it (do you think they can "beam" it up to me?
Sherril Miller said... (2/25/09 8:39 PM) Reply
I wouldn't want a bigger size if you can make the 24 fit you this well. I love your new top and that color is fantastic.
merry-one said... (2/24/09 12:14 PM) Reply
Very pretty, love the colors.
collarsncuffs said... (2/24/09 10:45 AM) Reply
That low V neck gives you an opportunity to layer with a cami. I am over 65 and look better in straightforward clothes so I made my cami just plain,no lace. There is just a small triangle of camishowing in a strong contrasting color. The low V when I wore it to my church choir rehearsal raised some eyebrows. People thought I was developing dementia. the cami straightened out my image and gave me some fun making it.
fourkid said... (2/23/09 9:55 PM) Reply
Ooops, I managed to double post.
fourkid said... (2/23/09 9:37 PM) Reply
Very nice, flattering, and pretty blouse. Based on your review (and others of this pattern) I have added it to my wishlist - I am in need of a good blouse pattern. I can so relate to your fitting issues - I think we are shaped very much alike. I am always looking for a few basic, but good patterns. Thank you for this great review.
sewtime said... (2/23/09 4:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful top!!
marycds said... (2/23/09 4:10 PM) Reply
I made this blouse also. I added shoulder pads, which I need anyway, and that lifted the "V" up just enough to be just enough cover. Without the shoulder pads it is a little bit too low.
mssewcrazy said... (2/23/09 1:55 PM) Reply
I have this pattern waiting for me to try. I love the fabric that you used for yours. Hopefully mine will work well for me also and thanks for the warning about the neck being a little low. I always seem to have trouble with that.
persevering said... (2/23/09 1:49 PM) Reply
My compliments and a question: A) How attractive and what beautiful colors! The fit is so becoming, and the look is so suitable for just about any occasion that I hope you make more of this, as required. B) Did you extend the length? If so, can you explain how you proceeded from the pattern itself.
tr1c14 said... (2/23/09 1:33 PM) Reply
Nice blouse! I think the neckline looks nice, but then I'm not the one having to lean forward in it. And the fabric is just lovely.
KathySews said... (2/23/09 12:40 PM) Reply
Very nice. Isn't it wonderful not to need to spend hours on alterations? I agree we need more patterns from this line.
christea said... (2/23/09 12:38 PM) Reply
cute top-great fabric! The style looks very versatile-like it can go from casual to dressy without much effort. Love it.
li'l miss muffett said... (2/23/09 10:53 AM) Reply
Lovely fabric! Your blouse looks wonderful!
keelyb1 said... (2/23/09 3:15 AM) Reply
I always have to raise v-necks too. That's great that the pattern worked with minimal alterations - you've got a good fit through the shoulders. I love the fabric you used!
knitlitcamper said... (2/23/09 1:32 AM) Reply
beautiful colors, it looks comfy, nice job!

Self Drafted Pattern Postage Stamp Quilt